Progress After First 10 Wk Program

I quote week because it was really a 4 day routine, repeated with the odd day off thrown in, usually 2 out of every 3 real weeks.

My program consisted of the following 4 days…
Leg/Triceps
Biceps/Shoulders
Chest/Back
Rotator cuff/Forearms (rather light day, usually paired with above average amount of cardio)

to give an idea of my progess here are a few of the key exercises start to finish numbers. I know the totals aren’t that big yet, I’ve still got a long way to go, but I’m proud of the progress I’ve made.

Squat
175 3x8 to 225 3x8

Deadlift (didn’t start them until halfway through, my gym doesn’t have a bar to use, so I’m forced to use an ezcurl bar to do them. go ahead and laugh)
140 3x8 to 180 3x8

Bench
165 3x8 to 195 3x8

Lat pull downs
110 3x8 to 140 3x10

Also worth noting, I’m on caloric deficit most days too, managed to drop from 212lbs to 206lbs. Unfortunately the pants I bought 4 months ago no longer fit, but the ones I bought 3 years ago do. :slight_smile:

Sure glad I found this site a few months back, really helped me gain the focus and drive I needed. Not to mention enough knowledge so my efforts paid off.

[quote]Lateralus44 wrote:
Unfortunately the pants I bought 4 months ago no longer fit[/quote]
Have you tried wearing a belt?

Seriously, it’s good to see your numbers going up. Keep it up. Are you squatting with an EZ-curl bar also???

[quote]DSmolken wrote:
Have you tried wearing a belt?
[/quote]

yeah, i can wear them, but they look and feel way too big.

[quote]DSmolken wrote:

Seriously, it’s good to see your numbers going up. Keep it up. Are you squatting with an EZ-curl bar also???

[/quote]

Nope, squating and benching in a smith machine. I know it’s far from ideal, but the weight room I’m using is in my apartment building, and for now it’s decent enough to meet my needs. I imagine I’ll need to find somewhere else soon, but for now it’s working and it’s free. Not to mention it has a pool for a cooldown at the end, which is nice.