T Nation

Progress After 6 Months

Just wondering guys, but is it completely pathetic for me to of moved from only being able to bench about 180 pounds to being able to bench 235 pounds in 6 months of lifting???

Just sort of feel I am stuck at a bit of a plateu, I am aiming to be able to bench 250 pounds.

Any tips I could try to give myself a boost???

J

Just keep going.

55lbs in 6 months, seems okay to me.

do a search

so many topics on this already

i’d give you my own advice, but this might be of more use.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
55lbs in 6 months, seems okay to me.[/quote]

Idk if anyone is just getting crazy strong crazy fast, but I’d kill for 55 pounds on my bench in 6 months and everyone seems to be whining about good gains. I don’t understand.

I’ve averaged 4lbs. a month increase on my bench the last few months. I’ve been training consistently and frequently for 16 months.
There was a phase that I went through a few months ago where I followed an isometric routine from CT where I gained about 35lbs. on my bench in a month.

This was mostly CNS adaption, now it’s only real muscle gains that increase my bench.

I’m well past beginner gains and have settled into the “grinding it out” phase where you fight to add every pound.

From what I hear from the more advanced lifters, it will get even harder to add pounds to your bench the longer you go.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Rattler wrote:
55lbs in 6 months, seems okay to me.

Idk if anyone is just getting crazy strong crazy fast, but I’d kill for 55 pounds on my bench in 6 months and everyone seems to be whining about good gains. I don’t understand.[/quote]

same here. 55lbs in 6 months on the bench is something i only dream of haha.

that’s pretty good progress. most experienced guys here would give a pound of flesh to improve a main lift at the rate of 110 pounds a year.