Progress After 6 Months of Training

Okay, I just turned 15, been trianing for 6 months now.Here?s some progress :

Startweight : 67kg no abs.
Maxweight : 75kg (winter, 2 abs)
Current weight : 70kg, 4abs, sometimes 6.
I?m not after the abs, I want to get strong, but on the summer it cant harm to have some abs :wink: .

I started off whitout knowing anything, a workout coud look like :

-7x10 bb bicep curls with moderate weight.
-7x10 bb push press with same weight.
-7x10 bb reverse curls
-push ups
-situps

or with dumbells

8 bicep curls folowed by 8 shrugs and ending with 8 presses x5-6 times

I got great results, in my opinion however from doing that. but then I moved on to rows and cleans which I did for a very long timeā€¦

start bench : 35kg (or 40kg)
Current bench : 65 kg

squat : 65 kg, I train at home so I cant do squats realyā€¦ but I just tried doing some for the record with my fathers helpā€¦ we lifted did the weight togheter and sat it on the shoulders and I did it 4 times and after that I didnt want to lift it up again :.

clean : 40kg first time ( no max! )
highest clean tested : 65kg (hangclean)

pushpress first time : 30kg
current max : 52kg (not maxed in along time)

I feel better then ever, I?m happy with my current results but I dont know if it?s good done or exelent doneā€¦ with right training and eating more food I coud?ve gotten much better I think. andā€¦ I got my bench for about 2 months ago so that coud explain the phatetic number.

Goals :
80kg at end of winter (body weight)
bench to atleast 90kg
squat 130 kg ( I know I can if I can get a rack)
deadlift (120kg, I think I can do that now already but I dont got the space or the weights to do it yet)

I?d like coments on the results, are they good enough or do I NEED to get much more dedicated?

yes you do need to become more dedicated, but your progress isnā€™t bad. Focus on getting bigger and stronger. Target all your muscles, meaning try getting a squat rack as soon as you can, dont forget chin ups or pull ups both very good. Pretty good so far just focus on getting the whole body bigger and stronger.

Stick to your goals also.

thank you :slight_smile: .

I think that my soccer ā€œkilledā€ many of the results aswell as that is pretty instensive ā€œcardioā€ . I just remembered the first time I tried to do dips in school, I coud hardly do 1 :open_mouth: . now I do 10 whitout any problem at all. And yeahā€¦ I missed out on the chin / pullups but I?m gonna work hard on them to now and going with easy weight on the bench for some time.

I?ll also do 45kg squats since I can get that up on my upper back whitout any problem. to bad that I can handle 15+ on those, but I shoud still get strenght, shoudnt I ?

another Issue I?ll work on is my poor flexibility.

thanks for the comments, I?ll defeinitley stick to the goals =)

High rep back squats are nice for size (and if Dan John is to believedā€¦fat loss) try em out.

Front squats anybody? though the rack will rpobably be a bit uncomfortable for you

bump. anyone ?

much of the strenght doesnt show in the numbers however, I dont have any technique yet so I might be able to improve even more.

Front squats ;\ . saveing those untill later when I can atg squat better, I cant even get down now due to flexibility issues.

update :

I?m now able to do 1 arm push ups again, ehm , 2 of them, to about parallel. I saw a movie and people seem to spread their legs abit, I tried this and I got it by the second try. with ā€œnormal stanceā€ I cant do any, which stance do you use ?

I started train for the fingertip push ups yesterday and I?m now able to do 2 in a row, but then they give up. yesterday I coud do none so I bet the progress might be fast on these ones.

[quote]Lindow wrote:
update :

I?m now able to do 1 arm push ups again, ehm , 2 of them, to about parallel.

[/quote]

What doe this mean?

that I am able to do one armed pushups again. But I cant get them down to the floor, only parallel.

[quote]Lindow wrote:
that I am able to do one armed pushups again. But I cant get them down to the floor, only parallel. [/quote]

Its good you are able to do them again. I was just curious as to what you considered parallel

ah, okey. I consider parallel to be when elbows are at 90 grades

update: new push press record - 55 - 57- 59 in 5 mins.

57 kg :
http://media.putfile.com/57-kg-push-press ā€”poor-technique-eh-

I think I can get more weight on with technique, eh.

59kg head bam, is this legal? :
http://media.putfile.com/push-press-59kg

fresh, I take that anyday , I hope =)

[quote]Lindow wrote:
update: new push press record - 55 - 57- 59 in 5 mins.

57 kg :
http://media.putfile.com/57-kg-push-press ā€”poor-technique-eh-

I think I can get more weight on with technique, eh.

59kg head bam, is this legal? :
http://media.putfile.com/push-press-59kg

fresh, I take that anyday , I hope =)[/quote]

ok that was pretty funny lol. dont try that when you start being able to do heavy weights or youll knock yourself out

haha, looks kinda silly, but I had been out driveing cross for 3 hours before to =)

and techniqueā€¦ 100% sucks, right ? XD

[quote]Lindow wrote:
bump. anyone ?

much of the strenght doesnt show in the numbers however, I dont have any technique yet so I might be able to improve even more.

Front squats ;\ . saveing those untill later when I can atg squat better, I cant even get down now due to flexibility issues.[/quote]

are you injured ? otherwise it shouldnā€™t take long to get this, 2-3 weeks maybe if you do some everyday.

front squating w/ dumbells is a great thing to do @ home.

if you canā€™t get to a squat rack you should be doing pistol squats. a great exercise. do them on the stairs until youā€™re flexible enough. then do them straight from the floor. awesome exercise for atg flexibility and hole strength.

swivel : I?ve been ijured, in the hip, but now I?m fine and I?m trying to get down to the floor now.

about pistols, I try to do them now and then but havent been serious about the whole thing, I think I?ll include them now tho. thanks for your help

my advice is not to measure progress with number of abs showinā€¦ who does this, honestly?

The number of ab muscles you can see is basically a direct relation to your BF% which I assume is what you were trying to portray. However, itā€™s pretty subjective.

wow, your honestly 15? and could honestly bench 35 or 40 before you even started? im like nearly 5 years older then you and im just starting and probally do half of thatā€¦

tad, yeah , you?re right, it was a way to measure my bf in, I dont realy care about abs, but to show the results in bf changes and tell how I kinda looked before.

And btw, I just realised that my bench is pretty close griped, I?m gonna get more weights and try up to 70kg with a wider grip and see if I get any luck.

also, I just found a door in my garage that I can do pull ups on, life is sweet sometimes =)

update :

I was on a soccer cup for a week and just got home. at the place I stayed they had a gym.

I did a 90kg + the bar squat, (100 or 110 kg? ) it was on a machine tho so I didnt have to balance the weight.

I also did it after 6 soccer matches played and louds of leg pressing.

so I might be able to get more weight on later. And I failed at 117kg after or was it 107 :\