Programming Writer's Block

I still think I’d like to work with it. I’m grateful that you lead me to it. There’s a real synergy to the set up. I think it would bring my workouts into better focus. Something really nice about knowing you’re going in, just doing 3 supersets, and calling it a day. I was thinking maybe something like:

• Chest/bis
  • Quads/hams
  • Delts/traps
  • Back/tris
  • Glutes/quads
  • Delts/forearms
  • Off

Just an extra day to give quads/delts a second hit without altering the whole program. At least that’s how I’m convincing myself it’s not a Frankenstein haha.

1 Like

@Voxel What do you think about just starting a new thread in BSL dedicated to this program?

Frankly, if you post in BSL with your changes my first reply would be for you to try it. Given you, and a forum of people that aren’t you, presumably you know your body and needs best. The obvious exceptions are beginners and intermediates and people that have so little experience programming but know too much and try to do it all at the same time.

To echo a sentiment posted on the boards earlier “everything works as long as it’s not completely idiotic” and I don’t see any idiocy here.

Post it in your log and reflect back in four weeks

@Voxel Thanks again for the recc! I ran the undulating program with a few modifications and absolutely loved it. Never responded so well to a program before and the alternating between volume and strength work was just what I needed.

I added +20lb to my front squat, snatch deadlift, weighted dips, chins, and neutral-grip pullups, +15lb to push press, +10lb to bench press (always my best lift so any improvement is huge!). Better yet, I got better at handling heavier weights throughout each week. Even 90+% of 1RM was feeling very stable and very few sloppy or grindy reps. Plus I swear I get a pump now even from heavy sets of 1-3 lol.

I’m actually gonna run it again now with the days slightly rearranged to keep it fresh:

• Delts/traps
  • Quads/Hams
  • Chest/Back
  • Rest
  • Glutes/Hams (more posterior chain focused leg day)
  • Bis/Tris
  • Rest
2 Likes

What did your workouts look like? Did you ever start a log?

I kept a whole log in a google spreadsheet. I’m happy to share with you if you’re interested.

1 Like

I’d very much like to be privy to that, yes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AS1dah0PIpeOXFktx0zHTCFUM7WG5biTEXHtidx9ufw/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you. I recall this program presenting me with essentially the same problem as Fortitude Training did. My gym isn’t layed out in a way that readily allows for pairing say squats with a leg curl. I remember with FT there are usually bodyweight substitutes (nordics/sissy squats) but still.