Programming Rehab Work

I’m going to see a sports doctor on Monday, but I’m pretty sure I strained my rhomboid and I have a history of chronic shoulder issues. After doing some research, I KNOW I have all kinds of shoulder issues. I’ve found quite a bit of information regarding rehabbing the issue. In addition, I’m going to start attacking my hip mobility issue too with various tools I’ve found and the advice of my sports doctor.

That being said, I do not expect him to come up with my entire workout program. Does anyone have good advice on how to put together a workout program around rehabbing?

Generaly, rehab is about rest and daily light work. Forget getting biger or stronger for some time.
Often shoulders include RC. Many benefit from doing 50 reps broomstick stretches.
After awhile you might restart slowly to WO 20-25 reps, if all good 15, than 12 reps…
Perseverance and patience are key.
About 10 $ buys 3 bands(3 colors) often used for pilates but also for rehab, use them for pull-aparts.
Hip = agile 8, search here.
Also google mobilitywod for videos

I work in several different gyms and keep-up with my re-hab/pre-hab work when there is down time. right now i do external rotations, trap-3 raises and poliquin step-ups about 4 times/week. takes about 10 minutes each shift

Thanks everyone! I believe I have also come to the same conclusion:

Focus on shoulder/hip rehab work for about 2-3 weeks, and 1-2 yoga sessions/week. After feeling better, I’ll throw in a few days of high rep resistance training mentioned above.

I also realize that it’ll be a life long thing I’ll have to keep up on like tork94 mentioned.

Meeting with a sports medicine doc today to get a professional opinion too and some expert advice on the approach.

do it in your warm up too

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
do it in your warm up too[/quote]

Yes, this is definitely key! Once I get to where I need to be, I need to keep it up! Learning a lot here, sadly, I had to learn the hard way. :slight_smile:

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
do it in your warm up too[/quote]

Yes, this is definitely key! Once I get to where I need to be, I need to keep it up! Learning a lot here, sadly, I had to learn the hard way. :)[/quote]

it’s good to do it like this because you always remember it. I do a circuit of shoulder health stuff before every upper workout, so that’s four times a week (chest, back, shoulders, arms).

I’m also going to look into my programing and try to incorporate the ideas from the pairing strength and mobility article: Fillers: Pairing Strength with Mobility

Ever since I have been injured I do a circuit of

Glute bridges, bird dogs, side clams 25 each per set in the monrning when I wake up and while my breakfast cooks. I generally get 2 sets in the morning.

Later on in the evening I go to 100 reps if its an off day, or do 25 more in my warmup if its a training day.

I also do Agile 8 before every training session.

My glutes feel a lot more active and developed as a result.

Doesnt take a lot of time and the results are worth it.