T Nation

Program Thoughts??

hey looking for any improvements i can make to my program, any advice would be great, thanks

Monday- Push press, Shrugs, Deadlift, speed bench and one arm snatch

Wednesday- Speed squats, split squats, pistols, power clean, pull-up bent over row, curls/chin-up

Thursday- Max bench, dips, pull-over, good morning and stiff leg deads

Saturday- heavy squats, calf raises, sled dragging and farmer walk.

Max lifts
Bench 305lbs (want 400lbs)
Dips with 110lbs
Bent over row 410lbs
Pull-up with 100lbs
Power clean 220lbs (stuck at 220)
One arm snatch 100lbs
Strict curl 148lbs
Deadlift 600lbs .I’m built for this)
squat 500lbs
Calf raise 550lbs

i’m 6’1 184lbs, and just turned 20

[quote]Veszy wrote:
hey looking for any improvements i can make to my program, any advice would be great, thanks

Monday- Push press, Shrugs, Deadlift, speed bench and one arm snatch

Wednesday- Speed squats, split squats, pistols, power clean, pull-up bent over row, curls/chin-up

Thursday- Max bench, dips, pull-over, good morning and stiff leg deads

Saturday- heavy squats, calf raises, sled dragging and farmer walk.

Max lifts
Bench 305lbs (want 400lbs)
Dips with 110lbs
Bent over row 410lbs
Pull-up with 100lbs
Power clean 220lbs (stuck at 220)
One arm snatch 100lbs
Strict curl 148lbs
Deadlift 600lbs .I’m built for this)
squat 500lbs
Calf raise 550lbs

i’m 6’1 184lbs, and just turned 20

[/quote]

Your lifts are great! Since you outlift me in the big stuff by 100lbs on average, with lesser bodyweight, all I can really say is GOOD LUCK in the future! You’re knocking on the doors of 3x BW squat!

By the way, do you compete in PL or strongman? With those numbers, you can be very competitive in lighter categories.

[quote]Veszy wrote:
hey looking for any improvements i can make to my program, any advice would be great, thanks

Monday- Push press, Shrugs, Deadlift, speed bench and one arm snatch

Wednesday- Speed squats, split squats, pistols, power clean, pull-up bent over row, curls/chin-up

Thursday- Max bench, dips, pull-over, good morning and stiff leg deads

Saturday- heavy squats, calf raises, sled dragging and farmer walk.

Max lifts
Bench 305lbs (want 400lbs)
Dips with 110lbs
Bent over row 410lbs
Pull-up with 100lbs
Power clean 220lbs (stuck at 220)
One arm snatch 100lbs
Strict curl 148lbs
Deadlift 600lbs .I’m built for this)
squat 500lbs
Calf raise 550lbs

i’m 6’1 184lbs, and just turned 20

[/quote]

you’re trying to tell me that you can bent over row 410 pounds??? is that a typo?

hey man, thanks for the incouragement, i’ve been training for 5 years,

no i have a strong back

i’m not doubting that you are a strong guy but at 6’1" and 184 pounds that is a HUGE amount of weight to be bent over rowing. you are fairly tall so you can’t have great leverage on it. and you don’t have a lot of bodyweight so i guess i would have to see the from to believe it. but your lifts look good and everything. as far as the program goes it looks okay. what exactly are you trying to do with it?

What are your weaknesses?

[quote]CS wrote:
i’m not doubting that you are a strong guy but at 6’1" and 184 pounds that is a HUGE amount of weight to be bent over rowing. you are fairly tall so you can’t have great leverage on it. and you don’t have a lot of bodyweight so i guess i would have to see the from to believe it. but your lifts look good and everything. as far as the program goes it looks okay. what exactly are you trying to do with it?[/quote]

yea thats fair enough i’d find it hard to believe myself if i read it somewhere, but don’t have a digi camera, it with back 45 degree to the ground and pull it into the belly, reverse grip, pulling it up the thighs, no jerk.

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
What are your weaknesses?[/quote]

bench press, and push presses, they take alot of work to build up strength in them, if i took more than a week off, bout would go down, only got 300 a few months ago was stuck at 240lbs for ages, stuck a 220lbs on the push press, could do 3 reps in that a month ago but find one hard enough to do now, as i took a bit off, will build it up again eventually

[quote]Veszy wrote:
jlesk68 wrote:
What are your weaknesses?

bench press, and push presses, they take alot of work to build up strength in them, if i took more than a week off, bout would go down, only got 300 a few months ago was stuck at 240lbs for ages, stuck a 220lbs on the push press, could do 3 reps in that a month ago but find one hard enough to do now, as i took a bit off, will build it up again eventually
[/quote]

There’s no doubt that you have great potential for strength, but I think that doing something like a Westside split will really benefit you, in your training you’re mixing speed bench with dl or gm’s and other stuff like that.

Those are great numbers, since you move a lot more weight than me there’s not much I can say.

But if bench is your weak point then try some of the Westside tricks (if your don’t already):

  1. Do some heavy work on your triceps (close-grip bench, skull crushers, etc…),
  2. If lock-out is the problem, then work in some board/floor presses,
  3. If your weak at the bottom then add in some dumbbell presses.

Personally, I find push presses are great for my shoulders, but they hurt my bench (in the short-term) since my shoulders aren’t fully recovered. This could just be an individual aspect for me.

Finally, if you haven’t already check out Dave Tate’s articles on this website and his own site, as well as the Westside webside. They have great information available.

Slainte.

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
Veszy wrote:
jlesk68 wrote:
What are your weaknesses?

bench press, and push presses, they take alot of work to build up strength in them, if i took more than a week off, bout would go down, only got 300 a few months ago was stuck at 240lbs for ages, stuck a 220lbs on the push press, could do 3 reps in that a month ago but find one hard enough to do now, as i took a bit off, will build it up again eventually

There’s no doubt that you have great potential for strength, but I think that doing something like a Westside split will really benefit you, in your training you’re mixing speed bench with dl or gm’s and other stuff like that.
[/quote]

alright, cheers

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Those are great numbers, since you move a lot more weight than me there’s not much I can say.

But if bench is your weak point then try some of the Westside tricks (if your don’t already):

  1. Do some heavy work on your triceps (close-grip bench, skull crushers, etc…),
  2. If lock-out is the problem, then work in some board/floor presses,
  3. If your weak at the bottom then add in some dumbbell presses.

Personally, I find push presses are great for my shoulders, but they hurt my bench (in the short-term) since my shoulders aren’t fully recovered. This could just be an individual aspect for me.

Finally, if you haven’t already check out Dave Tate’s articles on this website and his own site, as well as the Westside webside. They have great information available.

Slainte.[/quote]

cheers man, yea i found that push press hurt my bench too but that was when i did bench the day after push presses, now i do speed on the same day so i have more energy, i’ll check that stuff out.

the routine looks good… but i don’t know why ur doing good mornings and SLDLs on ME bench day.

[quote]IRoNStaLLion wrote:
the routine looks good… but i don’t know why ur doing good mornings and SLDLs on ME bench day.[/quote]

i decided on this cause i didn’t have much energy left after squatting on leg day, so i decided to add them in on a different day, to work them better.

how can you bent row 410lbs??? im tempted to call bullshit

[quote]Babalu wrote:
how can you bent row 410lbs??? im tempted to call bullshit[/quote]

ha ha, alot of hard work, don’t care if nobody believes it, cause i know what i can do,

Damn from the looks at your stats you are a BEast…good luck with your training,

Dude… when did you get a 225 kg squat??? You monster, was that unequipped?

Are you competeing in all 3 lifts at the singles in Hercs??