Program Tapered to Me

Would someone help me make a program perfect for my needs so I can stop overthinking about what is best for me. I’m still fairly a beginner but I have some expercience, I have used 5/3/1 and starting strength and personally like 5/3/1 so don’t say “just do starting strength”. My best PR sets are Squat 185x5, Bench 165x5, Press 110x5, and Deadlift 285x5. My goals are too lift as much weight as possible before shipping off to boot camp in December. I have a flexible enough schedule to workout 4 days a week. I own beyond 5/3/1 but I still can’t decide what’s best for me but I do enjoy going heavy and training economy. Thanks in advance

ian you’re a joke go away

1 Like

Why you say that, you don’t know me

You’re already overthinking … What makes you think a program that has worked for thousands upon of thousands of other lifters needs to be specially tailored to work for you?

2 Likes

So do 531. You’ve got Beyond, which has tons of pre-written challenges. Pick one that fits your goal and time frames. That’s going to fix your over thinking issues.

Since your fairly new, stick with the original 531 with bodyweight assistance template. Thats training economy 101. Keep it simple

Or use MarKO’s advise and pick a pre-written challenge. DAMN! Now we’re overthinking again. Oh Oh

Just picking one of the written plans and putting the work in may help prepare you, mentally as well as physically, for basic training.

Honestly mate imo you already have the best strength training book money can buy in beyond Jim spoils us with the endless possibilities of programming for our goals all that is left is for you to put in the hard work and train your ass off. Pick a program and rotate supplementary work every 6 weeks and ALWAYS obey principles.

The 2 That caught my eye where the 5’s progression + joker sets and the boring but big 13 week challenge with rows, chins, leg raises, and back extensions

Do BBB. Don’t do jokers

1 Like

From my understanding joker sets aren’t meant to be programmed, they’re meant for those special days where you just feel amazing and everything feels light.

Just keep reading this forum and you will see Mr. Wendler, the man himself, suggesting the same thing over and over. He’s recommended it enough times that I feel fairly confident recommending it to you now. I feel it is a great general setup for the very general goal of “get stronger”.

2-3 cycles of 5s Pro and FSL 5x5
followed by
2-3 cycles of PR sets and FSL 3x5

It don’t have to be fancy or “tailored” to you, at least not until you’ve put in some serious work for a few years and have more specific goals to work on. Now go get started.

2 Likes

So would this work for the first few cycles
Monday

• Squat 5’s pro
  • Deadlift fsl
  • Hanging leg raises 50
    Tuesday
  • Press 5’s pro
  • Bench fsl
  • Chin-ups 50
    Thursday
  • Deadlift 5’s pro
  • Squat fsl
  • Back extensions 50
    Friday
  • Bench 5’s pro
  • Press fsl
  • Db rows 50

Go do the work.

Go do the work.

1 Like

Doing the work isn’t a problem for me I love working out. I would lift everyday if I could recover properly

Keep it simple, just do the “same lift” FSL

1 Like

Yes, it would. Do same lift FSL though, I can tell you from my own experience FSL is much less demanding than BBB so there’s no reason to do opposite lifts.

Okay I will, and I just did so I can squat twice a week since I like squatting a lot

Then do some kind of squats after deadlifts: front squats, for example, or box squats or something.