Due to a busy schedule I’ve been forced to join a gym near my house that’s open 24h. Unfortunately it has limited facilities. Here’s what I’m working with:
- Squat rack and bar
- Olympic discs that are small diameter, increasing the range of deads from floor unless I put them on blocks.
- No bench for bench press. I can bench in the squat rack by lying on a standard adjustable bench, but it’s not an ideal set-up.
- Dip stands, chinning bars
- Dumbells only up to 30kg, plenty of adjustable benches
- Plenty of machines/cables
About me (weights in kg):
PBs: Bench 107.5x5, Squat 135x5, Dead 165x5, Chin +40x3, Dip +40x5, Military press 60x5
Goals: Get stronger, add muscle, stay lean
Have been training 2-3 times per week, essentially full body, focusing on heavy compound lifts.
Here’s the plan I’ve cooked up, bearing in mind the equipment limitations:
Saturday (assistance day)
Does this make sense? I’m trying to prioritise military press and dips because I can go heavy on them with an optimal set-up, whereas bench is not going to be ideal and I may not be able to go as heavy. I can use bench to support the progression of dips and overhead press, which can use some improvement. Any suggestions much appreciated.