T Nation

Program Suggestion?

We’re lucky to have you here with your own forum Paul. I really enjoy not only your training articles but also your articles and writings on life in general.

I’m a 35 year old and intermediate level. I’m around 6 foot and 200 lbs.

face%20edit%20out

I have young children, work in a high stress sales job and am married to a great woman who also works full time.

Especially during the winter months, I am chronically sick, I’m assuming due stress and constantly elevated cortisol levels. It really interferes with not only life, but training as well.

I really like CT’s programs, but often find myself unable to sustain them over long periods and get burned out, primarily CNS. I’ve had decent success lately with a 1 day on, 1 day off program hitting each body part nearly twice per week. I’ll hit the compounds somewhat heavy 3reps x 8sets and then higher rep isolation work. My delts have lagged my entire life, so I typically frankenstein a program or choose a program that specializes in delt width.

I typically fast everyday and only eat from 12pm-8pm each day. I’m sure this contributes to elevating my cortisol further.

I’m just getting over the flu and walking pneumonia. I was sick for all of January.

Can you suggest a program for someone in my position who’s looking to pack on some muscle, keep the fat at bay but isn’t 20 anymore and is under a decent amount of pressure in life? The best results I’ve seen are from doggcrapp training (when I was in my 20’s) and CT’s High performance mass, but this eventually lead to me getting burned out.

Thank you for any info Paul.

100%! My new Super Soldier Protocol which includes fasting, supplements that will improve your immune system though inflammation reduction, and the same for diet. It’s also recovery friendly and focuses on that as the centerpiece of the program.

Thanks Paul! Where can I locate it? A quick Google search didn’t find it, electronic or via print.

It’s for sale on his site. Lift-Run-Bang

Check my blog. It’s listed under ebooks.

Just picked it up - I need some help in the recovery dept. too