Weighted Ab Pull-downs

Day 4:
Pull-ups
Powerclean into Push press
Leg press
Calf raises
Crunches
Weighted Ab Pull-downs

Anything really jumping out at you as a body part I am completely neglecting? My goal for now is size.

There are quite a few flaws with this program.

I recommend going with an established beginner’s program until you have a better grasp on how and why you should create your own.

… could you name a few of the flaws you see?

Pull Ups, pull ups and pull ups, simply too many pull ups.

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
… could you name a few of the flaws you see?[/quote]

Besides the fact that youre doing pull ups and abs every day and not trainign your arms. And not picking exercises that thoroughly target all of your muscles, it’s great.

Just use a westside beginner template or a Ripptoe program.

Or pay someone to design a proper program for you.

Either choice would be far better than the “routine” you outlineed

edited

ok gonna look into both those programs and pick one as you all suggest. just to justify the pull-ups, i’m training for size but also preparing for marine corps ocs and pull-ups and crunches are part of the test.

looking at ripptoe it seems like an even simpler thing of what i listed. compound exercises and very little “arm” work. ill give it a try though since i prefer big compound movements for where i’m currently at.

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
ok gonna look into both those programs and pick one as you all suggest. just to justify the pull-ups, i’m training for size but also preparing for marine corps ocs and pull-ups and crunches are part of the test.[/quote]

Then should make them a priority but still not do them every gym session. 3 days a week should allow you to progress quickly and still recover.

Yes I should have stated earlier. If choosing a program with no direct triceps or biceps work, add it in intelligently.