Program Help.

Okay so I know there’s no perfect programs, but you can make a program that is almost perfect for your needs. I’m 160lbs currently. I’m 15 years of age, turning 16 in 2 months. I wanna get big, I wanna be up around 185lbs. Yes I must EAT EAT EAT. I’m doing that, and getting almost 4,000 calories in a day. I eat fish, steak, lean meats, porkchops, potatoes, yams, rice, pasta, chicken, ALL types of veegetables (3 times daily) and assorted fruits (3 times daily). Milk, cottage cheese. The works. Food is not a problem. I know I have to eat tons and that’s EXACTLY what I am doing. I’m getting around 1.4g of protein per body of bodyweight now.

ANYWAYS I’m on CW’s The Waterbury Method and will see how that goes. WHAT I NEED HELP WITH IS: I’m really into MMA and am laying off for a bit from boxing and all. Now since I wanna get bigger and stronger (although my strength levels are descent for my age and weight) getting stronger is always better. The 185lbs I wanna get up to, I want it to all be functional.

So right now I’m doing Waterbury’s Method for the 4 weeks (in the second week now) and 2 days during the week I’m doing HARD G.P.P. work with Dumbells (snatches, cleans etc.) sledgehammer training, bodyweight circuits, rock lifting, and heavy sand bags. I’m doing the GPP cause I don’t wanna lose my conditioning cause I’ve got pretty good cardio capacity. After the Watebury Method I wanna do westside but I don’t know if that will help THAT much with size gains, but anything I gain in size I want in strength also. As big as I get, I want the strength to match that size. I know I have to keep relative strength in mind here, cause that’s what MMA is about also.

I’ve got pretty good relative strength now and wanna keep my relative strength levels high even with the increased bodyweight. I know everoyne is going to say “Don’t worry about gaining fat” Yes I’m not worrying about that, sure I’ve got a low BF right now and can say that I am ripped (not bragging) I’m not a skinny-guy with abs, I have pretty good mass for 160lbs and most people say I look around 170lbs. With that, I don’t want to be 185lbs and gain a ton of fat. An increase of 15lbs of fat isn’t going to help me AT ALL. So keeping the fat minimum, and gaining good size (185lbs) along with good strength would be great (functional hypetrophy)
So if anyone good help me with deciding on a program that will help with developing functional hypertropy and all while gaining up to 185lbs would be much appreciated. Oh and I also like to do O-lifts, and gymnast type stuff.
Sorry this post is so long.

dl-

Oh and I like to do neck training, and grip work on off days (so usually 3 times a week) although my hands can get pretty sore from doing sledgehammer so I go by how my hands feel with the grip training (sometimes twice a week sometimes four times). And I am 5’7.

dl-

lol even though no-one has given any feedback yet, which is alright cause my post was pretty friggen long and I actually now that I re-read it don’t expect anyone to even read it, so T-mag Mod I will probably post something very similar to the above but break it down in a total of 6 lines lol. But anyway I re-checked my weight, I’m actually 157lbs now.

dl-

[quote]dl- wrote:
lol even though no-one has given any feedback yet, which is alright cause my post was pretty friggen long and I actually now that I re-read it don’t expect anyone to even read it, so T-mag Mod I will probably post something very similar to the above but break it down in a total of 6 lines lol. But anyway I re-checked my weight, I’m actually 157lbs now.

dl-[/quote]

Six lines is great. That I can read. How tall are you?

Westside…seriously, it’s an incredible training methedology. You can experiment with it and learn what works for you…

I’ve gained about 30 pounds in 8 months on it. And 100 pounds or more on all of my big lifts…of course a lot of that is newbie gains. But still. It’s pretty fucking ridiculous.

First off you’re just turning 16 calm down, be patient 185 will come. I’m 22 6’ 340LBS at 12% bodyfat. I only weighed 150 at 16. Focus on compound exercises deadlifts, overhead pressing (especially if you’re into mma), all squat variations, power cleans and snatches, pullups. Keep striving to put weight on the bar. Keep eating like you’ve been and you may even surprise yourself

Yes, I’ve been thinking about getting into westside for months now. 16 years old, 150lbs. 22 years old, 340lbs! HOLY!!! lol. Oh and like my strength levels are going up and that’s a good thing, I’m always breaking PR’s on lifts and stuff, sometimes I even get double PR’s. But like SIZE, it seems like I’m not adding much or any muscle mass, is this maybe because I’m 5’7. (That answers another question up there).

No doubt though, I’m gonna keep on at it and see how it goes. Does anyone still want me putting it in like 6 lines…I can do it, I just wanna see what program will build me mass, keep my athletic ability, and keep my relative strength levels high. So all in all I just want to build Functional Hypertrophy. :slight_smile:

dl-

Knuckles, that’s some sweet progess. Newbie gains…who cares lol you’ve got 100 (or more)pounds on all your big lifts, that’s sweet.