Program For Size?

I read a Christian Thibaudeau article on how to make a program and im bulking so I want to put on size do you think this is a good program don’t judge because im new to all this

Day 1 Chest and Shoulders
Bench Press 4 sets 6-10 reps
Incline DB Bench Press 4 sets 8-10 reps
Flys 3 sets 8-10 reps
Push ups 1 Set max
Military Press 4 sets 6-10 reps
Seated Arnold Shoulder Press 4 sets 8-10 reps
Side Raises 3 sets 8-10 reps

Day 2 Legs
Lunges 4 sets 6-10 reps
Leg Extension 5 sets 8-10 reps
Leg Curls 5 sets 8-10 reps

Day 3 Arms
Barbell Curls 4 sets 6-10 reps
Preacher Curls 4 sets 8-10 reps
Hammer Curl 3 sets 8-10 reps

Day 4 Back
Deadlift 4 sets 6-10 reps
Bent Over DB Rows 3 sets 8-10 reps
Bent Over Barbell Rows 3 sets 8-10 reps
Lat Pulldowns 3 sets 8-10 reps

Your leg workout is totally wrong. Add in squats, stiff leg deads, leg presses and then you are good to go. You lack triceps work, add 3 exercises for triceps in your arms day. Also, add in twice a week some king of back delt work. Leave at least 48 hours betweeb workout 3 and 4. And read a lot more.

thanks man :slight_smile:

I would set it up differently.

Day 1: Chest and shoulders
Day 2: Back
Day 3: rest
Day 4: Arms
Day 5: Legs
rest and repeat

Aside from what niksamaras said, I would switch either barbell or preacher curls for incline db curls.

Also You dont need Military and arnold presses for shoulders, especially not after having bombed the anterior delts with chest presses already. So I would switch the arnold presses for more lateral raises and face pulls for rear delts.

On your back day I would switch either barbell or dumbell rows for pullups and I would add in some kind of isloated movement, like lat pullovers.

what if i just paired shoulders with another body part? and i cant do pull ups i try but i just cant

Agreed with other comments.

While you are newer to this, your main focus will be adding weight to the bar (don’t neglect this like many do) and making sure diet is half decent (enough food).

Later you’ll likely work on quality etc.

[quote]its_just_me wrote:
Agreed with other comments.

While you are newer to this, your main focus will be adding weight to the bar (don’t neglect this like many do) and making sure diet is half decent (enough food).

Later you’ll likely work on quality etc.[/quote]

+1

the rule of thumb “add at least ten lb to the bar every month” has benefited me quite a bit. also “gain at least 1-2 lb a month but eat for more”.

yes, missing that one meal every day does have its consequences.

I still suggest starting with the nutrition advice I mentioned in your other thread, as well as starting off with that basic bodyweight plan.
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/how_to_bulk_up

I generally recommend younger guys start with bodyweight training to learn the most basic form of exercise before moving to added resistance. It’s a simple way to build strength, muscle, conditioning, and coordination, and it prepares your still-young joints and support structures to more safely deal with the stresses of heavier lifting.

Once you can handle your bodyweight in a variety of movements, then jump right on a well-designed routine. And nope, the routine you listed in your first post above is not well designed, for some of the reasons already brought up.

And while we’re on the subject… Johnny123, what did you have for breakfast today and what’re you having for lunch?

[quote]johnny123 wrote:
i cant do pull ups i try but i just cant[/quote]
Either use a neutral grip (where your palms face each other) or do inverted rows a.k.a fat man pull-ups:

i had 8 weetbix with milk and 2 pieces of bread toasted and 5 egg whites and an apple

[quote]johnny123 wrote:
i had 8 weetbix with milk and 2 pieces of bread toasted and 5 egg whites and an apple[/quote]
That’s a big hit of carbs, not much protein, and pretty much no fat. Not the best way to start a day. Calorie-wise, though, that’s the right idea for a single meal. Big eating, done everyday, will get the scale moving.

Egg whites are for pre-contest bodybuilders and anorexics. You need the yolks. Not only will it double the protein you’re getting, but it’ll give you the healthy fats and important calories needed to get you closer to where you want to be.

[quote]johnny123 wrote:
i cant do pull ups i try but i just cant[/quote]
This and you have a “biceps day”? Your training is completly bass-ackward. Beginners usually benefit more from a lower upper split 4x/week or 3x total body and pretty much only big compound movement. Stop trying to choose the color of the curtains when your STRENGTH foundation isnt layed out.
Get strong on barbell exercises and eat like a man. Oh and do not try to invent a program pick one that already exists.

[quote]johnny123 wrote:
what if i just paired shoulders with another body part? and i cant do pull ups i try but i just cant[/quote]
a good way to start is if you can do one. do as many sets of one as possible. if you can do 2 do as many sets of 2 as possible. take it from a guy who weighs over 200 pounds (not the most muscular two hundred pounds lol) i can do 9 but when i loose weight i could do 15.