T Nation

Program for Growth + Strength

Hey guys,

I have done Total Body Training and Waterbury Method both by CW. I'm looking to continue with a full body program purely for growth and strength, I really need to add some lbs to my bench, deads and squats because they're pathetic right now.

I consider myself a beginner, I've lifted for 4 years now but on and off a lot plus I was doing really amateur stuff if I see what I've learned here in the past few months.

I'm 1.91m and about 200lbs. BF is ~20% but I'll get to that when summer arrives (maybe use CT's "The Beast Evolves" as guide). Right now I just wanna grow and get stronger.

Any advise?

Waterbury's ABBH is a fantastic routine. The strength and size gains I achieved after finishing the program were remarkable to say the least.

-Nate

Pavel's PTP (Power to the People) routine worked wonders for my basic lifts. Added 80lbs to my dl and 50lbs to bp in about 5 months. You can throw squats in also.

Do 2X5 of each exercise 5X week. dl, bp + squats. Nothing else (actualy may be better to do 2 separate cycles--DL + BP, then SQ + BP) Don't do any other lifting. First set 80% 1RM, second set a bit less. Start off real light. If you can do 100 10X then start with 90 for 5 reps. It will be easy for the first 5-10 workouts then will get harder. Keep adding weight each workout. Do not go to failure. Don't throw in extra weight/exercises in the beginning. You'll leave the gym with energy but that's ok. By the end of the cycle may have to do singles--especialy with dls. Weights will go up quickly. Also, might only be able to handle 3 workouts per week near the end of the cycle. At that point start a new cycle---begin real light again, etc.

Best of luck

i think joe defranco's wssb2 is awesome for strength and size. just a thought

BBH is a good routine for someone with a decent amount of lifting experience