T Nation

Program for GF?

My GF has decided that she wants to start working out, and believe it or not she is much more interested in working with weights as opposed to cardio and machines (she has never really worked before). She asked for my help and I want to desighn a program for her but I am unsure of the best path. Anyone have any suggestions?

Are any of the programs provided by this sight ideal for someone just starting out. I am leaning towards one of Waterburys templates but unsure of which one.

Thanks for any help
eric

Has she ever worked out with weights before? Does she know how to squat/deadlift properly?

If not, spend the first week making sure she can do these with good form before you start working them into a program.

Once she gets familiar with the exercises, give her a total body training program (Waterbury has one, TBT) and that will surely suffice for awhile.

Quit bullshitting, you don’t have a girl friend… It’s YOU who wants to start working out isn’t it?

[quote]eric9 wrote:
My GF has decided that she wants to start working out, and believe it or not she is much more interested in working with weights as opposed to cardio and machines (she has never really worked before). She asked for my help and I want to desighn a program for her but I am unsure of the best path. Anyone have any suggestions?

Are any of the programs provided by this sight ideal for someone just starting out. I am leaning towards one of Waterburys templates but unsure of which one.

Thanks for any help
eric[/quote]

Get her in a gym first. I did the same thing and went through a lot of trouble looking shit up about what girls do, and then she sat in the corner the whole time.

Just make sure she does kegels at least 3 times a week.

You’ve probably seen this thread, but it’s worth posting anyways. . .

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=645666

Girls can do anything a guy can.