T Nation

Program For Daily Food Intake Stats

I’ve been reading this website for about 4 years now, although I pretty much Never post and thought some of you might be interested in a file that can tell you your daily intakes of food. I’m sure something like this already exists, but I figured I might as well share this file with anybody that might be interested.

The way it works is you put in all food items you normally eat, or maybe add something you specifically ate that day and put in Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein. There’s only 144 lines currently I never needed even close to that many, and I put in some sample stats for everything. Then put in the amount of servings on which meal you ate for all foods. (there is 6 meals listed) The excel spreadsheet will tell you how many calories, fat, carbs, protein for that meal, as well as give the percentages of all three for that meal. Below that it shows you the totals for the day for everything and percentage totals for the three primary food statistics. I added in a Resting metabolic Rate calculator that I got from the beginner links to the right as well just for the hell of it. You can input your stats and it’ll tell you an estimate of how many calories you burn a day. I believe the calculator is only meant for skinny people who have trouble putting on muscle.

I’ve been using it for about 3 or 4 years and haven’t noticed any glitches yet. It’s probably meant more for newbies who are trying to learn exactly what to eat every day. If you’re new and been approximating everything that goes in to your body, you’ll probably be surprised if you start tracking it accurately. Anyway here’s the link for file if anybody wants it, I found it way easier then keeping track of everything on paper. I didn’t know how to share files so I just used angelfire.

http://magikalcamel.angelfire.com/diet.xlsx

Thanks,

-Stephen Gilbert

[quote]magikalcamel wrote:
I’ve been reading this website for about 4 years now, although I pretty much Never post and thought some of you might be interested in a file that can tell you your daily intakes of food. I’m sure something like this already exists, but I figured I might as well share this file with anybody that might be interested.

The way it works is you put in all food items you normally eat, or maybe add something you specifically ate that day and put in Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein. There’s only 144 lines currently I never needed even close to that many, and I put in some sample stats for everything. Then put in the amount of servings on which meal you ate for all foods. (there is 6 meals listed) The excel spreadsheet will tell you how many calories, fat, carbs, protein for that meal, as well as give the percentages of all three for that meal. Below that it shows you the totals for the day for everything and percentage totals for the three primary food statistics. I added in a Resting metabolic Rate calculator that I got from the beginner links to the right as well just for the hell of it. You can input your stats and it’ll tell you an estimate of how many calories you burn a day. I believe the calculator is only meant for skinny people who have trouble putting on muscle.

I’ve been using it for about 3 or 4 years and haven’t noticed any glitches yet. It’s probably meant more for newbies who are trying to learn exactly what to eat every day. If you’re new and been approximating everything that goes in to your body, you’ll probably be surprised if you start tracking it accurately. Anyway here’s the link for file if anybody wants it, I found it way easier then keeping track of everything on paper. I didn’t know how to share files so I just used angelfire.

http://magikalcamel.angelfire.com/diet.xlsx

Thanks,

-Stephen Gilbert[/quote]

I don’t see how that could be better than fitday.com

What’s that =P, I figured something else was out there but never found anything back when I made it.

nm, I found it, didn’t know that existed, it’s pretty sweet.