Program for Bulking?

[quote]hailmary5150 wrote:
1600 calories!!! Guys thats because im on a diet in fatloss mode. My maintainence was 3000 cals back when i was 210 but for me to continiously lose weight this is what i have to consume. Starting Novemeber im going into bulk mode and thats where ill be back up to 2200-2500.

Maybe my diets isn’t in check im not postive since so many of you guys think its not. This is my first time i tried to cut its been 5 months. I lost close to 30 pounds in 5 months averaging 2 pounds a week and most of it was around my waist.[/quote]

You didn’t lose strength?

I’m cutting on about 2600 calories right now. I don’t see how you get away with 1600

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

1600 calories!!! Guys thats because im on a diet in fatloss mode. My maintainence was 3000 cals back when i was 210 but for me to continiously lose weight this is what i have to consume. Starting Novemeber im going into bulk mode and thats where ill be back up to 2200-2500.

Maybe my diets isn’t in check im not postive since so many of you guys think its not. This is my first time i tried to cut its been 5 months. I lost close to 30 pounds in 5 months averaging 2 pounds a week and most of it was around my waist.[/quote]

Good job on getting lean, wow 5 months of 1600 calories and not loosing much musce mostly around the waist loss is good. Since youre only starting with a 500 calorie a day jump after a cutting diet, I would think you might be able to maintain, maybe add a ‘little’. If youre trying to put on a good amount of clean mass i would recomend you try the 2xweek muscles worked program while bumping up your calories 500 every couple of weeks to see how your body reacts. Good luck [/quote]

Dude, if a grown man only eats 1600cals while training regularly and doesn’t lose any muscle, they either didn’t have any to start with…or they were using at least a gram of test or more.[/quote]

I know, you know what youre talking about. If he isn’t just trolling or full of shit, I’m just trying to give my advise and wishing him the best.[/quote]

It’s the internet…this is a bodybuilding forum…and he just started posting.

My X-Computer says there is a 1.54 x 25^15 to one chance of this guy being super built from this massive food intake.[/quote]

haha. fair enough

You are young, well i hope so. It would excuse your ignorance.
Here is some truth.
Bulking is suicidal for you.
It is a nice term to sell magazines, GET BIG FAST.
IT IS A LIE.
Get big or strong slow is the smart way.
Your fat will come back real fast if you are not smart.
All the best!

hmmm, I guess I don’t find the 1600 far fetched or anything. I’m dieting with shelby right now at 1700-1900 on my off-days at a bodyweight of 195 and I’m in fact gaining strength as well. Although I am getting a high carb day with a 45 min carb up window and I’m definitely taking in 4000-4500 on that day, so who knows.

I think it’s amusing that people will often say who gives a shit how much someone lifts or what kinda form they use as long as they are GETTING RESULTS. Why doesn’t the same hold true here? If OP got the results he said he did, he’s doing it right. End of story. Who cares if YOU eat more than him while cutting? Caloric intake is almost becoming like the amount of weight you lift–it’s something you gotta keep to yourself around here to prevent flame wars, EVEN IF you’re getting results.

Guys 1600 calories is what i tapered down to its only been 3 weeks or so at 180 pounds. My maintence was 3000 at 210 i slowly cut my cals ex 2800, 2500, and 2000 was where i was at for most part. Im not being a troll just askin for honest advice,Im dead serious when it comes to my training. Most of you guys are bashing me instead of helping.

180 from 210

yes my bench went down from 300x4 to 280x4
yes my DL went from 420x2 to 385x2
yes my squats have gone down also…but i don`t think its drastic for losing 30 pounds but who knows maybe i did it wrong…this was my frist cut.

You sound like maybe your cut was not optimal.
Did you think that maybe the mistake was getting fat ?
Tomorrow i turn 55, why am i leaner ?
Are you 56 ?
It is not fattening food for tought.

im 32 and i did bulk up the wrong way…it was mostly dirty bulking but that was before i really knew about nutrition…i have lost alot of fat around my waist you can#t tell in the picure but i know by lookin in the mirror. I think mbdix gave me the asnwer i was lookin for though. Im after clean size now so working out a muscle 2x a week seems more optimal after coming off a large cut.

Guys 1600 calories is what i tapered down to its only been 3 weeks or so at 180 pounds. My maintence was 3000 at 210 i slowly cut my cals ex 2800, 2500, and 2000 was where i was at for most part. Im not being a troll just askin for honest advice,Im dead serious when it comes to my training. Most of you guys are bashing me instead of helping.[/quote]

Keep doing what you’re doing if it’s working. You know your body better than anybody on an internet forum. Slowly increase calories each week and gauge your progress.

It sounds like you now know what to do so we all do mistakes. If we learn it is all good.
I think bulking should be started around 5-7% up to 10-12% after a competition. The bullshit that 18-20% body fat is OK is a lie. The guys are idiots when they think they look impressive. Who are they trying to impress ?Why do so many get injured ? They are trying to use impressive #. A B C A B C off can be a slimming period with high volume and short rests.
Enjoy your weekend !

That is a lot of strength loss for dropping 30lbs. I say that as someone who has recently dropped that much and more. I give you a lot of credit for looking like someone who trains. I also think you are likely fucking up if you are at that level of body fat but are finding yourself losing that much strength.

The guys telling you to eat more should be ignored if they are smaller than you.

Keep posting on here, and let us know how it is going. You’ll do great, good job so far too. keep it up brother.

What will be more effetive when training for muscle gains as a natural body builder?
I think most body builders like to blast one muslce group a week with large volumes, this is the way i have been training and i feel good next day cause ill be soar or i feel like ive done all i could.

Then i read in another article for the natural trainee it is much more effective to hit a muscle group 2x in a week ex. upper/lower split with moderate volumes.

Im goin on a bulk and want the most size possible what do you guys think though would be more optimal?[/quote]

Excellent question.I subscribe too the 1xper week,especially for the natural bodybuilder.The enhanced athlete has the ability too recover and not lend itself to overtraining.I also like that Dom’s feelig,especially in my lat’s.The lat’s for me are hard to get a pump.Im an ex competitor from the 1980ty’s and we trained each muscle sometimes 3x per-week.Overtraining or what?I took large doses of testosterone and overtraining was a problem. Check-out Ric drasin, Ric’s arnold’s training partner and a world of knowledge,especially in regards to the history of b.b. see ya

Guys 1600 calories is what i tapered down to its only been 3 weeks or so at 180 pounds. My maintence was 3000 at 210 i slowly cut my cals ex 2800, 2500, and 2000 was where i was at for most part. Im not being a troll just askin for honest advice,Im dead serious when it comes to my training. Most of you guys are bashing me instead of helping.[/quote]

I won’t bash you.I understand and want to help.My friend those who bash are inadequate in their life and preformance.Onething the calorie’s you are taking are equalo to a sedentary person trying to loose some weight/fat? My friend please consider a good dietican,a person with knowledge of tissue building and repair. I would if you want an accurate fat measurement.Get a test called .The Dexascan.The price in Canada is $125.00,it will give you a total of muscle,fat and bone dwensity.It’s the best and most accurate.Also there’s a thing called the Bod-Pod,it measures from a 2 dimensional view.The caliper’s require a really trained technican. see ya again john