Program for Beginner?

[quote]matt357 wrote:
145kg/320lb Deadlift for 2 reps - YouTube deadlift**** :frowning:
[/quote]

Donā€™t jerk your body off the floor. Slowly take the tension out then pull up hard. Also, itā€™s not a squat, start with your legs a little more straight. Think half squat if that helps. Also, dont pull if your back bends. Keep it straight. Buy a long $2 PVC pipe and have someone hold it on your back. Keep your back, butt and head touching the entire time.

Please read this/print it out before you ever deadlift again, this and part 1 Mastering the Deadlift - Part 1

[quote]VTTrainer wrote:

[quote]matt357 wrote:
[/quote]

Donā€™t jerk your body off the floor. Slowly take the tension out then pull up hard. Also, itā€™s not a squat, start with your legs a little more straight. Think half squat if that helps. Also, dont pull if your back bends. Keep it straight. Buy a long $2 PVC pipe and have someone hold it on your back. Keep your back, butt and head touching the entire time.

Please read this/print it out before you ever deadlift again, this and part 1 Mastering the Deadlift - Part 1
i will read this aricle thoroughly, it seems to be a good one so far. i would just like to mention, this was a ME attempt and i think i read somewhere that your form is going to break down as you get to your heaviest weight.

[quote]matt357 wrote:

[quote]VTTrainer wrote:

[quote]matt357 wrote:
[/quote]

i will read this aricle thoroughly, it seems to be a good one so far. i would just like to mention, this was a ME attempt and i think i read somewhere that your form is going to break down as you get to your heaviest weight.
[/quote]

While itā€™s true that form will degrade if your going for a true ME lift, the setup itself is flawed in your video. You donā€™t even try to start with your back flat.

[quote]PlainPat wrote:

[quote]matt357 wrote:

[quote]VTTrainer wrote:

[quote]matt357 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

While itā€™s true that form will degrade if your going for a true ME lift, the setup itself is flawed in your video. You donā€™t even try to start with your back flat.[/quote]

that is true, i will work on that after reading the article that VTT posted. thanks for the reply.

Yea man. Your pull was fucked from the start. Before you do anything else, watch tons of videos of guys stronger than you. Then compare it with what you do. You will se a big difference.

[quote]matt357 wrote:

[quote]Power Tower wrote:
Those are some pretty high numbers for a 150lb 16 year old whoā€™s just starting trainingā€¦
Especially the pullup with 80lbs strapped on

As far as feedback, I wouldnā€™t even worry about DE. Listen to Mercury and just pick a program like 5/3/1[/quote]
i had trouble understanding the 5/3/1 program,
i dont understand the dqay where it says 5/3/1, i understand the rest and it would be a great help for me if you would explain it briefly. thanks
[/quote]

Basically, on the third week of the cycle your sets for your main lift are 5 reps, 3 reps and then one rep, as opposed to the other weeks where its 5x3 and 3x3 reps/sets

Also,

concrete blocks from a home depot type store. I got mine in Japan for $1. I assume they are a similar price in the states. Buy some blocks, raise your bar.

Do more searching and find creative answers to your problems (good job with what you have done so far though!)

A max effort deadlift may have some flaws, yours just sucks from the start - not because itā€™s a max effort deadlift - but because you donā€™t know how to deadlift.

Butt down, sit on your heels, get the slack out of your arms, pack your neck.

can you see any difference?

i have fixed my pullup abit, still needs reviewing

[quote]matt357 wrote:

can you see any difference? [/quote]

Much much better

[quote]osu122975 wrote:

[quote]matt357 wrote:

Much much better[/quote]
awesome! is there anything that needs correcting that you can see?

Get better shoes to deadlift in or deadlift barefoot. Focus on keeping your hips down and at the finish - do not hyper-extend your back.

and stop bending your neck back. apart from that, great

Are those pieces of wood on the bar as 45s? If so, Awesome. Form looks way better, keep your ass down on the intitial pull by pulling backwards and on your heels. It looks like your hyperextending your lower back to lockout, instead squeeze your glutes and hips hard into the bar. Watch Andy Boltonā€™s speed work, he brings his hips into the bar so hard the bar bounces off his thighs.

[quote]osu122975 wrote:

[quote]matt357 wrote:

Much much better[/quote]

Watch the first pull. See your butt shoot up? That means youā€™re not tight and driving with your legs. Squeeze the bar as hard as possible and keep your back very very very tight. Taking the slack out of the bar forces your chest up and pulls your butt down when you go to pull. Drive w/ your legs like your trying to push them thru the concrete.

Youā€™ll get it. Just start light and get the form down and work your way up.

Third pull looked the best of all three. Watch the third one. See how you come up together nice and uniform? Compare it to the other two where your butt moves first.

[quote]chazdaman wrote:
Are those pieces of wood on the bar as 45s? If so, Awesome. Form looks way better, keep your ass down on the intitial pull by pulling backwards and on your heels. It looks like your hyperextending your lower back to lockout, instead squeeze your glutes and hips hard into the bar. Watch Andy Boltonā€™s speed work, he brings his hips into the bar so hard the bar bounces off his thighs.

[/quote]
yes, they are. i made them out of plywood, i got the official measurements off the internet and just cut them out, easier to pull from there then just above my toes. iā€™ll have to work on keeping my butt down and squeezing my glutes to lockout. i guess i was trying too hard to lockout with the wrong muscles.

[quote]osu122975 wrote:

[quote]osu122975 wrote:

[quote]matt357 wrote:

Much much better[/quote]

Watch the first pull. See your butt shoot up? That means youā€™re not tight and driving with your legs. Squeeze the bar as hard as possible and keep your back very very very tight. Taking the slack out of the bar forces your chest up and pulls your butt down when you go to pull. Drive w/ your legs like your trying to push them thru the concrete.

Youā€™ll get it. Just start light and get the form down and work your way up.

Third pull looked the best of all three. Watch the third one. See how you come up together nice and uniform? Compare it to the other two where your butt moves first. [/quote]
when i start off light, its too easy to bring up, so when iā€™m adjusting the bar comes up so i have to put a bit of weight to make it feel right. i see where my butt comes up, apparently i should pull backwards off my heels, i have to try this method and keep everything tight. iā€™m going to try and just pick the weight up an inch or so, just to keep my legs in a static hold so i dont drive with my legs too early.

LIGHT WEIGHT BABY!!!
is my form any good?

and is ths form good or not?

I highly recommend you buy ā€œStarting Strengthā€ by Mark Rippetoe or look at his youtube vids on technique.

Squat form isnā€™t awful. Make sure your knees donā€™t protrude past your toes or youā€™re not sitting back far enough w/ your butt. Back looks ok and head seems steady. Donā€™t let your knees come in towards the middle.

Bench - all Iā€™m gonna say is check out some of Ripā€™s vids on bench form. Dave Tateā€™s 6 week bench press vid on youtube might be worth a shot as well.