Program Design Bible?

The Professional Fitness Coach Program Design Bible -
Does anybody here know anything about this?

Im looking into buying a couple of books to help me on my journey into becoming a personal trainer. just wondering if this book is worth it.

If not, then do you have any recommendations?

Thanks guys.

I would also love to hear a review of this book, I recently gave up being a trainer but everything Cosgrove touches is gold.

I can be pretty sure that whatever you read in that book would probably be very at odds with whatever your certification body recommends as far as workout design. That would probably be a very good thing.

It’s on Cressey’s recommended reading list which means that it is probably gold like all the other training books on there.

[quote]kmanley wrote:
I would also love to hear a review of this book, I recently gave up being a trainer but everything Cosgrove touches is gold.

I can be pretty sure that whatever you read in that book would probably be very at odds with whatever your certification body recommends as far as workout design. That would probably be a very good thing. [/quote]

lol ya im not to worried about what the certification body recommends. I would like to deal more with athletes if i get a choice. I want to learn as much as i can before i start school next year and im hopeing some books can help out.

Alwyn does a great job of cutting through the BS. If you’re looking to get into the field, it’ll teach you a lot of the really important stuff that you won’t get from a certification alone.

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
Alwyn does a great job of cutting through the BS. If you’re looking to get into the field, it’ll teach you a lot of the really important stuff that you won’t get from a certification alone.[/quote]

Agreed 100% This is the best purchase to make. I referance it at least once a week when i have a question or have any curiosities

thats awesome guys thanks for the replys.

This is one of the products that really gave me a jump-start in the industry.

I highly reccommend it.

-Nate

Essence of Program Design by JC Santana is excellent IMO. Available at www.performbetter.com

also the NSCA Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning is a staple book.

thanks for the feedback.

I already have the essentials of strength training and conditioning but i havnt started reading it yet.

Just putting a christmas list together. Thanks for the replys guys.