incline bb bench 3x8

wednesday:
front squat 3x3
deadlift 1x3-5 or rack DL depending on hammies

thursday:
hang cleans 5x3 or 5x5 depending on weight
bb overhead press 3x5

weekends: some cardio form, pullups on one of those days 5-10 x5

i’d like to get squats, deadlifts, front squats and hang cleans all done on a week and this is the best i came up with so far. i thought of doing hang cleans with deadlifts but seems too much.

any input is great. looks kind of empty on some days.
progressive overload of course, and 2-3 straight fails means i switch the lift for another lift and repeat.

bumpsy

Well… first, what are your goals? Since you’re posting in the strength sports forum I’m going to assume you’re focusing on strength. But this begs the question, why so many sets 3x8? Why not 5x5 or 6x4 or whatever?

Secondly, you’ve got four days in a row of resistance training followed by three days off. Why not train Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday?

Why put cleans the day after deadlifting? Assuming you’ve even remotely challenged yourself with the DLs the day before, you probably shouldn’t be doing cleans. Moreover, you’ve put them on what’s supposed to be an upper body day. They do work the upper back a little, but I’ve always considered them a lower body exercise.

Also, you’re not doing alot of upper body pulling. Yes, cleans and DLs are pulling exercises, but with three pressing exercises I’m not sure a couple sets of pull ups will cut it.

Why not do something like this?

Monday: Cleans, Squats
Tuesday: Bench, DB or BB rows
Thursday: DL, Front Squats
Friday: Standing Press, Pull-ups

thanks. my gym is @ school, which is 26ish miles away in LA which is horrible traffic, so im not too thrilled about being stuck in traffic for 2 hrs. Hence I am doing 4 in a row.

Yes, my goal right now is primarily strength, but my bench has always been lagging (done 3x5, 5x5s in the past) so i added some volume and moved to DB for a little bit.

what to do for upper body pulling- adding in rows will be sufficient?

i’d like to get my squats back to it used to be-i should be a few wks away on this progressive loading. would squats → cleans make sense, and drop the heavy 3-5 squats?

thanks!

thanks. my gym is @ school, which is 26ish miles away in LA which is horrible traffic, so im not too thrilled about being stuck in traffic for 2 hrs. Hence I am doing 4 in a row.

Yes, my goal right now is primarily strength, but my bench has always been lagging (done 3x5, 5x5s in the past) so i added some volume and moved to DB for a little bit.

what to do for upper body pulling- adding in rows will be sufficient?

i’d like to get my squats back to it used to be-i should be a few wks away on this progressive loading. would squats → cleans make sense, and drop the heavy 3-5 squats?

thanks!