T Nation

Program Critique for a Friendly Contest

Hey guys, I've been around here for awhile, but this is the first time I have ever posted. I have read an appreciable amount of the articles on here in the little more than a year I have been lurking around. Anyways I have a little contest with a friend to see who can get into better shape by August 31. We are pretty equal in everything, and so at the end of these 10 weeks we will prob base everything off the 3 main compound lifts, running, those sorts of things, while also seeing who has gained more muscle, and looks better with there shirt off.

Yes, maybe a little vain but oh well we are young haha. Anyway this is what my program which I will be starting tomorrow looks like so if you have anything that I could do to possible make it better than any help will be great.

Upon Waking
5 grams arginine
Protein Shake 1.5 scoops
Oatmeal 2 servings

30-45 min after first meal
3-4 whole eggs
1 serving mixed berries
1 cup fat free milk
2 slices whole grain bread
1 multivitamin
1 coenzyme q10 100mg
1 ginseng
1 gingko bilboa
2 fishoil

3 hours after
6-8 oz of chicken breast
1 cup brocolli
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 cup carrots
1 coenzyme q10
2 fishoil

3 hours after/pre workout
1 can tuna
1 slices multi grain bread
1 apple

pre/during workout
5 grams argnine

sip on little protein/carb drink

30 min after Post workout Only workout days
protein shake 1.5 scoops
5 grams creatine
47 grams maltodextrin
1 cup milk
12 oz gatorade

1 hour after
6-8 oz of chicken breast OR steak
1 cup brocolli
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 cup carrots
1 coenzyme q10
2 fishoil

prebed - until i pick up some zma and casein

2 servings of yogurt
1 serving mixed nuts
1 banana

Workout Program

Lower body Strength Work
Upper body hypertrophy work
rest
upper body strength work
lower body hypertrophy work
rest
specialization work for smaller muscles
rest
repeat

Actually if any of you have any ideas of what my programs should look like such as exercises reps/sets then that would be great I'm working on stuff but maybe you guys already have somethings that worked I could try.

Also this would include mobility warm-up for 10 minutes prior to working out with flexibility work happening after the workouts.

Cardio

I'm going to be doing CT's running man program starting with the HIIT 2x a week.
On top of that I'm going to walk 15-30 minutes everynight.
And in two weeks once I am back at school, I will be swimming 30 minutes 3 times a week to begin, and increasing the time or amount with every week.
Also if I am not seeing the results I want I may incorporate tabata method 1/2 times a week.

My stats

I'm going to weigh myself in the morning and do some measurements, but if you want a rough estimate now I would say

18 years old
Height 5'11/6'0
Weight 175
Bodyfat ~12%