T Nation

Program Choice for Conditioning

I have been following Eric Cressey’s “Maximum Strength” program as outlined in his book, which is basically that, a strength focused program. I have seen great gains in both size and strength, even a decrease in bodyfat. It’s been awesome

However, I need to keep my conditioning levels up as well. I have a major event coming up (think bootcamp-esq event from 0330-1830), as well as a desire to get back into boxing and grappling (after having come off shoulder injuries)

I let my conditioning slack the past few months, and now i’m at an all time low. I want to get back into good shape and am considering using Chad Waterbury’s Outlaw Strength and Conditioning (something that I previously used with great results) and pairing it with some cardio plans.

I guess my question is would you continue to try to make gains on the Max Strength and add more cardio/GPP, or focus on Outlaw and conditioning and hope to pick up where I left off in a few weeks on max strength?

Sprints, sprints and more sprints.

complexes and tabatas baby!!!

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes:

5 pullups (chest to bar)
10 pushups
15 bodyweight squats

3 rounds for time:

400m run
21 dumbell or kettle bell swings, 55lbs
12 pullups (chest to bar)

5 rounds for time:

10 thrusters, 95lbs
10 pullups (chest to bar)

21-15-9, for time:

135lb push press
burpees

Just a few ideas. Rotating through these workouts (doing 2 a week and 2 max strength sessions) should yield pretty sweet results.