Program Changing Advice

Ok, so after squatting today I have come to the realization that I really need to work out my imbalances, but I just need some advice on the matter.

1st off my posterior chain could use some serious work. I have known this for a while but didn’t realize how much of a problem it was until I upped my squat weight again today…and nearly killed myself trying to break parallel. It was pathetic, half my reps were bastard offspring of a goodmorning-sissy squat courtship. Needless to say I opted to go w/ a moderate weight instead and get some full back squats in.

So my dilemna comes to this, I have a pretty weak posterior chain and weak shoulders. I can gain strength/mass on a normal program, but in terms of long run benefit I am thinking I really need to sort out my imbalances ASAP.

My goal was to gain a few pounds for rugby in spring, but it is my last season so its not the end of the world if I don’t. As always, the long run goal is to be freakishly strong, and take the size gains that come w/ that.

I am gonna be going over the archives later today to see what articles I can dig up on the subject, but I thought I’d post this here to have people chime in while I go off to class.