T Nation

Program Based On Body Type.

Hello all,

I have been reading through the begginers post in this forum and I have a few questions.

My body type. is between and Endomorph and MesoMorph.
Basically I have alot of muscle mass naturally due to being over weight and packing it around most my life.

Basic size stats:
I am 5ft 11in
303 lbs
30 Percent body fat
20 inch arms
48 inch Chest at the widest part.
28 inches thighs
18 inch calves

I tend to gain weight in muscle and fat pretty easily depending on my habits for that month. I would like to loose the fat with minimul muscle loss and I am having a hard time picking an excersize program from the beginners post. I can’t really seem to find one that meets what I need.

Is what I want not possible??
Any suggestions on what program would be better would be greatly appreiciated.

[quote]atrumblood wrote:
Hello all,

I have been reading through the begginers post in this forum and I have a few questions.

My body type. is between and Endomorph and MesoMorph.
Basically I have alot of muscle mass naturally due to being over weight and packing it around most my life.

Basic size stats:
I am 5ft 11in
303 lbs
30 Percent body fat
20 inch arms
48 inch Chest at the widest part.
28 inches thighs
18 inch calves

I tend to gain weight in muscle and fat pretty easily depending on my habits for that month. I would like to loose the fat with minimul muscle loss and I am having a hard time picking an excersize program from the beginners post. I can’t really seem to find one that meets what I need.

Is what I want not possible??
Any suggestions on what program would be better would be greatly appreiciated.[/quote]

What you need to do is lose weight. Pick a diet, nail it. Pick a program, hit it hard. Took me ages to realise that no program is perfect. They all work if you make them work.

The tone of your post indicates that you are looking for a program that is a sure thing for losing fat and maintaining muscle. No such thing exists. Lift hard and eat well, the rest will follow.

-Cloth

Start by eating 3000 or 3500 calories a day of non processed quality food. Do ANY beginners program for 3 months. Sleep every night.

Check back after that. You should have some further info on how to proceed.

One of these should do the trick…

Big Boy Basics
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459533

Total-Body Training
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=508031

Thank you for the replies. I started the Total-Body Training workout See you in 3 month eh.