Program Advise

[quote]Dorso wrote:
Lift4Life wrote:
This is a routine of mine, it provides you with less time needed for recovery. That way you can still do athletic activities in between (running, hiking, biking, rowing, etc.)

Monday through Thursday are 30 minute bodyweight routines allowing you to be active throughout the day without draining you like heavy lifting in the gym might do.

*FOCUS ON DOING FAST REP SPEED

Perform routines as circuits going from one exercise to another…

Reps-do 4 reps from failure
Try and fit as many circuits as you can into 30 minutes.

-Always include a warm-up before each session
-stretch after each warm-up and after each session is over

Monday:
Push-ups, Sit-ups, Squats, Side Bridge, Wide-Grip Pull-ups
Tuesday:
Dips, Sit-ups, Lunges, Leg Raises, Close-Grip Pull-ups
Wednesday:
Plyo Push-ups, V-ups, Squat Jumps, V-ups, 60 seconds static Squat (hold the half way position of squat against a wall) aka “The Chair”
Thursday:
REST
Friday:
Full Body Routine
5x10 Bench Press
5x10 Squat (rotate with Deadlift every other week)
Saturday:
REST

Bodyweight squats 4 reps shy of failure? So like, only 9,996 reps?

If this guy wants to be “athletic,” how about training like an athlete? Westside for Skinny Bastards was deigned with althletes in mind. You will improve maximal strength, endurance strength, put gain muscle mass (if you eat right), and have plenty of energy and time for running, cardio, agility stuff, sports, or whatever. [/quote]

To continue my other post, he stated "My goal is to be “athletic”. My view of athletic is one of functional performance of being well rounded. Being able to perform at any sport or activity. I would also like to be strong, muscular and cut. "

The routine I suggested gave me the results that he wants.

Thanks to the many who have put some good info on my question(s).

I would guess that my body fat% is around 17% - 18%. Would like to drop it to around 10% for the spring & summer and then start thinking about adding some mass / size in the fall and winter.

Should I think about a testosterone booster bing in my mid-30s? If so, what works?

Thanks,
TC

[quote]tbeach wrote:
Thanks to the many who have put some good info on my question(s).

I would guess that my body fat% is around 17% - 18%. Would like to drop it to around 10% for the spring & summer and then start thinking about adding some mass / size in the fall and winter.

Should I think about a testosterone booster bing in my mid-30s? If so, what works?

Thanks,
TC

[/quote]

I would try boosting testosterone levels through diet. Exercise alone, will boost testosterone levels.