Program Advice Please! Narrow Shoulders? Full Body

This is Lee Priest at age 13. You should draw two lessons from his physique:

1. It is def possible to build appreciable muscle at age 13.
  2. Lee Priest is one of the most genetically gifted BBers to ever live. (Google what he looked like at 16, 17, 19, and as an adult.) The point being, unless you too are among the top .001% genetics-wise, it’s unreasonable to expect yourself to look anything like this. So if you don’t look like him, don’t stress about it. Be patient and keep working.
1 Like

Just seconding what @EyeDentist said. If you want a physique that looks phenomenal, delts are absolutely the top priority.

Also, I don’t believe that there’s any need to get fat in the muscle-building process – you’ll just look and feel worse, and have more fat to deal with later on. Two to four pounds per month is great. I’m obviously a lot less experienced than many members here, but I’ve found, in my ~4-5 years of lifting, that muscle growth is slow, no matter how much you eat. As long as you have a surplus, you’re good. You can’t really eat your way to more muscle sooner.

2 Likes

Ahhhh i heard there was a pretty big uproar when PH3 got put behind a paywall. Thankfully there’s always 5/3/1 :slight_smile:

agree with eyedentist. You don’t look like you have a narrow bone structure. Your structure actually looks pretty good to me. You just need to add muscle to it.

3 Likes

This is great advice, thanks. Is there a specific program you would recommend that would fit with my goals? I could def find one online but I was just wondering if there are any you especially like that you think I should try.

Nah. Like I said–do what you love in the gym. So long as you prioritize Delts and don’t neglect Forearms, you’ll be fine.

If you’re looking for a jumping-off point, I cobbled together a delt-centered program for someone on my training thread (Eyedentist, how do you train?). It’s near the end.

Edit: It’s in the Bigger Stronger Leaner subforum.

dope thanks

Look good