Profits from Global Warming?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I thought the whole world was going to flood.

I see you been paying close attention as usual…[/quote]

I saw Waterworld.

Floods, drought, extreme cold, extreme heat… is all due to global warming.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
vroom wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I thought the whole world was going to flood.

I see you been paying close attention as usual…

I saw Waterworld.

Floods, drought, extreme cold, extreme heat… is all due to global warming.[/quote]

Dogs and cats living together, it’ll be anarchy!

Oil!

People will still be using this source of energy 50yrs from now and it is not going anywhere…though it will gradually get more expensive until the market cannot bear it any more in which case alternative fuel sources will help to curb the consumption and cost of oil.

As far as alternative fuels I would think agriculturally. The easiest thing to do would be to produce bio-diesel and ethenol. The problem though is that the product currently being used is corn and soy bean which will affect the cost of food. This is also a good investment. Buy ConAgra and or Cargill. I suspect that we will turn to better crops for these purposes given that corn and soy beans are not the most efficient plant capable of producing these fuels.

Though cheap, nuclear power poses too many threats to be considered viable to most people becasue of the question of where to store it and how to get it there (the transportation of nuclear waste is more dangerous than the threat of nuclear meltdown).

Solar and wind power are viable but only for certain parts of the globe. In the US southwest wind and solar are more viable than the northern states.

Coal, though not a renewable nor an alternative fuel source has had many technological advances in the past decade to make it more viable. Clean coal technology could prove to be cheaper and more efficient that current coal fueled plants. Cheaper because it reduses waste which would not have to be recaptured later on and more efficient for the same reasons.

Though, it should be noted that any time humans are required to produce energy cost will always be a factor. For example, oil discovery and coal mining will be the limiting factor to cost for these products. As they become more scarce it will cost more to hunt and capture them. This is a ‘no-duh’ to most people but I thought it worth mentioning.

Just my $.02.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I am skeptical of this but they claim they are actually producing oil in quantity now.

We shall find out shortly if it is the real deal.[/quote]

From what I could find out, the turkey-waste processing plant is operating at somewhat above $80 a barrel, including $15-$20 due to the cost of turkey waste. I’m sure they can bring that down a bit as the technology improves.

Suddenly I’m imagining a future in which every bit of organic matter on earth has been turned into oil, kind of like “Rapa Nui” but on a larger scale.

BioDiesel

Just because I like you guys, I’ll give y’all a “hot” tip:

http://www.nanosolar.com/history.htm

Look around on the site. You guys want to make money off of more sunlight? Here ya go.

Thank me later, I’m too busy counting my money right now. :slight_smile:

[quote]kellyc wrote:
PBW Exchange Traded Fund for clean energy.

Tomorrow may be a good day to buy. Technically it has broken through a support level but that may just be a glitch from todays geopolitical turmoil. If it can get back above 18 Friday or Monday and hold, it is a buy.

The problem I have personally with this fund is I don’t know weather I should trade it for it’s volatility or to hold it because I like the idea of a basket of clean energy stocks for the long run.

This is not the kind of fund you put a big portion of your assets into. Unless, of course, you’re 23 and want to take a shot at a big payday.[/quote]

Hey guys. I just wanna make sure no one buys this security on account of me. It failed to make it back over 18 which makes it a dangerous trade in my opinion. It needs to find support and establish an upward trend before it should be considered again.