Profile Blog Notice: Metformin Log

Just thought I’d put this up for you guys that might be interested in following along. I’ll be posting about my “cycle”, but only on my profile page. It is in conjunction with my pre-surgery training of legs, and cardio/abs routine.

Pretty much fell apart mentally after the full extent of my delt injury was realized, and thus, basicly lost all the gains I had made over the last year. Well, not all, but close lol. There are many more interesting and better gaining type AAS logs out here now, so that’s why I put this rather unexciting log on my blog. I have finally gotten motivated and back to my old self now that my consultation is coming up this Thursday, and the surgery to follow soon after.

Also, with the past verbal altercations between myself and rj, and some of the more stupid shit I have ranted about of late, I don’t have quite the positive feedback any more on the main forum either, and that also led to my placing the blog there.

I just want to avoid any lingering negativity that might still be waiting to drop on me, though it seems to have been blown off by now. So, anyone who is into the metformin scene, by all means stop on by, and post a comment if you desire to do so.

Later guys, hope to join you all with more significant “gains”, later on, after surgery and rehab is all done.

Adios.

I REALLY feel for you tone, i think you have a wonderful body mate - it must be HELL to go through this.

you’ll get it all back so quick though, i have done it myself - muscle memory along with AAS - is truly a wonderful thing! :wink:

I am going to use a little met from this week so i’ll have a read.

[quote] Brook wrote:
I REALLY feel for you tone, i think you have a wonderful body mate - it must be HELL to go through this.

you’ll get it all back so quick though, i have done it myself - muscle memory along with AAS - is truly a wonderful thing! :wink:

I am going to use a little met from this week so i’ll have a read.[/quote]

Many thanks and appreciation Alt, and JJ.
I do feel like there’s a big light at the end of this long tunnel at least. The plan is that once the rehab and physiologic repairs are good to go, I will really “ride” the momentum of the muscle memory and AAS assistance for a good while with great results and a renewed “Mr. Happy” feeling all along the way, lmao!!

Very happy to be in the trenches again to some degree of seriousness as far as doing legs now. Jesus it really bogged me down mentally for a long time these past few months.

I had just done so well with the shorty injec that my good buddy (who will remain anonymous at the mo) had generously given to me free of charge, along with the entire last couple years of training, that it was very, very hard to take the upper body going to shit while my mental state languished in self-pity.

Thank god that’s over. :slight_smile:

Peace boys,

ToneBone

I notice that you have appetite suppression from 1500mg/day metformin. Is this typical of metformin use, or just at that high of dose. The reason I ask is that I am planning on using metformin on opposite days of insulin use during a bulking cycle. The loss of appetite would be a very bad thing at this time. I was only planning on using 450mg/day though.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
I notice that you have appetite suppression from 1500mg/day metformin. Is this typical of metformin use, or just at that high of dose. The reason I ask is that I am planning on using metformin on opposite days of insulin use during a bulking cycle. The loss of appetite would be a very bad thing at this time. I was only planning on using 450mg/day though.[/quote]

From what I’ve read, it certainly looks to suppress at 1000mg/day also. I’m not sure about 450/day. It might to a lesser degree which may or may not interfere with your bulking plans 2the.

I realize that metformin is not a diet pill. It is an insulin regulator. As it regulates the insulin, it is preventing the insulin surges which cause a sugar drop, which then spurs on cravings, shakes, ravenous hunger.
I was having the cravings big time after eating any amount of medium and onward types of carbs, this would happen fairly quickly sometimes, and ongoing afterwards in spurts etc. Now this has been ongoing for the last 5-6 years, but recently when I fell off the boat with my diet after the injury and mental decline, it really got out of control.
It wouldn’t be out of control all day, but every time I munched down on any thing like toast, rice etc, the appetite would be off and running.

This is part of the reason I decided I should try it, besides the general “fad like” dieting assistance some take it for. In other words I feel almost like I could actually “need” it at this time physiologically to some extent.

So, it really fits the bill for me in this pre-surgery stage, in which I’m trying to shed some of the blubber I put on as a result of lack of training and eating like a pig. I feel much better as far as controlling how much I eat, how soon I feel full etc. I don’t plan on taking it all the time, but rather am hoping I can achieve a better insulin sensitivity and just proceed after this cycle with less cravings for cho, and maintain a lower daily amount of cho as a result naturally.

AGain 2the, I am not sure, but will do some more reading around for you.

ToneBone

Thanks Tone. I have used metformin once before, following my last bulking cycle and 5 week use of insulin. I honestly don’t remember forcing myself to eat. However I was using it while off cycle so I was no longer in the gorging part of my diet. I guess if it gets bad I can limit the duration of my slin use and save the metformin until all exogenous slin has been stopped.