Professor X: How Do You Eat?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
That thread needs to be updated with the #s actually hit. db preacher curls weren’t even true.

I think PX can teach us that bodybuilding is truly just creating an illusion. That is actually an essential lesson for every successful bodybuilder[/quote]

Or claiming he benched 405 after a year of training (or whatever) but struggling with a band assisted 315 on video after 15 years of training while weighing close to 280…[/quote]
To come to his defense, he admittedly uses mostly machines because he doesn’t have a training partner and there is less risk of injury with heavy loads. If I recall correctly?

If you don’t do a lift regularly it’s tough jumping back in for the first time.[/quote]

Then why claim there’s only 5-10lb difference? He’s also completely backed every other outlandish claim made by his e-friends (495 incline for6-15 reps, wr deadlift numbers despite “not knowing” three difference between a rack pull and a dead, etc…) He just makes shit up to sound cool, then has lame excuses when proven that he is in fact relatively weak and the definition of “unfunctional”.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

That thread needs to be updated with the #s actually hit. db preacher curls weren’t even true.

I think PX can teach us that bodybuilding is truly just creating an illusion. That is actually an essential lesson for every successful bodybuilder[/quote]

Or claiming he benched 405 after a year of training (or whatever) but struggling with a band assisted 315 on video after 15 years of training while weighing close to 280…[/quote]
To come to his defense, he admittedly uses mostly machines because he doesn’t have a training partner and there is less risk of injury with heavy loads. If I recall correctly?

If you don’t do a lift regularly it’s tough jumping back in for the first time.[/quote]

Then why claim there’s only 5-10lb difference? He’s also completely backed every other outlandish claim made by his e-friends (495 incline for6-15 reps, wr deadlift numbers despite “not knowing” three difference between a rack pull and a dead, etc…) He just makes shit up to sound cool, then has lame excuses when proven that he is in fact relatively weak and the definition of “unfunctional”.
[/quote]
Haha I don’t want to comment on all that. At this point you and I both know enough of Prof X’s posting history and style to know what to expect.

I’m past the point of getting sucked into his arguments. I’m genuinely here to help and learn

[quote]gregron wrote:

Haha I don’t want to comment on all that. At this point you and I both know enough of Prof X’s posting history and style to know what to expect.

I’m past the point of getting sucked into his arguments. I’m genuinely here to help and learn[/quote]

Good for you man, this site could do with a hell of a lot more posters with that attitude.

It really makes me think about presentation and focus. Compare the physiques and workouts of Infinite shore and PX. Big differences in both aspects

[quote]furo wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

I’m past the point of getting sucked into his arguments. I’m genuinely here to help and learn[/quote]

Good for you man, this site could do with a hell of a lot more posters with that attitude.
[/quote]
If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all

As much as I actually think this thread could be interesting we all know it won’t go anywhere. Nice try though Brick :slight_smile:

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
I’m hoping this will turn into a food p0rn thread with great burger recipes.
I think I will snap a pic of my diy burger tonight and post them here.

While we always tend to stress the shittiness of permabulking on here, sometimes we should celebrate the good aspects - stuffing oneself after a hard training session. [/quote]

Trained hard, helped some BBer with his squat form, and ate these fuckers 1h ago - permabulker style.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]furo wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]
If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all

As much as I actually think this thread could be interesting we all know it won’t go anywhere. Nice try though Brick :)[/quote]

Looking awesome Gregron.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]furo wrote:
I’d be interested in this, I hope it doesn’t just devolve into shit-slinging. X’s thread from a few years back on how he trains was actually one of the most useful things I’ve read training-wise, but I also understand that he rubs guys up the wrong way.[/quote]

Thanks and here is that thread.

I don’t rub people the wrong way.

People with self esteem issues get pissed when I don’t act like I am beneath them. That’s all.

If you want me to discuss things like this, I can make my own thread on it. You already know the goal of the guys who started this one so I probably won’t post in this one again.

Have a great one![/quote]

Goal of this thread: to see what you eat these days and to calculate calories and macronutrients.

I request you start your own diet log if you don’t want to post in here again. I hope I don’t get my request rejected.

It really makes me think about presentation and focus. Compare the physiques and workouts of Infinite shore and PX. Big differences in both aspects[/quote]

Infinite_Shore hasn’t been training anywhere near as long as X.

[quote]jeremielemauvais wrote:

It really makes me think about presentation and focus. Compare the physiques and workouts of Infinite shore and PX. Big differences in both aspects[/quote]

Infinite_Shore hasn’t been training anywhere near as long as X.[/quote]

Yeah, but IS does a lot of exercises that have much more of an impact on the body. I THINK that’s what he meant.

X, do you think you can start a thread on your intake. I’ll count up the macros and kcals for you.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
I expect nothing civil or useful to come out of this thread. [/quote]

Well, that was certainly a positive, civil, useful contribution. I’m sure Brick appreciates it.[/quote]

touche

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yeah, but IS does a lot of exercises that have much more of an impact on the body. I THINK that’s what he meant.

X, do you think you can start a thread on your intake. I’ll count up the macros and kcals for you. [/quote]
just my viewpoint - contrasting brutal daily squat maxing out vs getting an upper body pump on machines. Clearly all of us have different goals, but it just makes me think about how much my focused changed for the better and worse the more I “learned.” FWIW for my goals I think both should be focused on

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

X, do you think you can start a thread on your intake. I’ll count up the macros and kcals for you. [/quote]
just my viewpoint - contrasting brutal daily squat maxing out vs getting an upper body pump on machines. Clearly all of us have different goals, but it just makes me think about how much my focused changed for the better and worse the more I “learned.” FWIW for my goals I think both should be focused on[/quote]
What exactly are you trying to say about the two posters physiques? I’m not completely sure

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

just my viewpoint - contrasting brutal daily squat maxing out vs getting an upper body pump on machines. Clearly all of us have different goals, but it just makes me think about how much my focused changed for the better and worse the more I “learned.” FWIW for my goals I think both should be focused on[/quote]

What exactly are you trying to say about the two posters physiques? I’m not completely sure[/quote]

haha - was thinking the same. Watch out Brownie, you are getting as cryptic as X.

Train for sexy vs train for strength?! Dunno…

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

What exactly are you trying to say about the two posters physiques? I’m not completely sure[/quote]

Yeah I was wondering the same thing…InfiniteShore has some beastly numbers in the weightroom, but judging by the pictures in his thread he has more of a PL’er look, while X is more size oriented

I believe that is exactly what he’s saying. X wanted to look huge AND off season bodybuilder like (big arms, delts, upper traps, upper pecs and tie in, etc) when in everyday clothes with strength as a mostly secondary concern with conditioning and mobility/functionality as tertiary and non concern respectively.

A different example, SteelyD wanted to be strong as fuck in a general sense (not just PL) and look imposing and large in everyday clothes, but not necessarily focusing on the bro muscles. Functionality is definitely a primary concern for someone like him since - even if he denies it - since his gym strength can and will carry over to everyday activities. Body fat is probably a tertiary concern or a non concern.

IS (more so Heavythrower at this point) has a non-fat amateur PL type build, relatively thick quads and an overall solid build, with little focus on bro muscles. I’m not sure what his goals or concerns are at this point.

Can you have everything or close to it : sure, look at Synergy (John Schlecht) and Thibz for example.

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Yeah I was wondering the same thing…InfiniteShore has some beastly numbers in the weightroom, but judging by the pictures in his thread he has more of a PL’er look, while X is more size oriented
[/quote]

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

haha - was thinking the same. Watch out Brownie, you are getting as cryptic as X.

Train for sexy vs train for strength?! Dunno…[/quote]
I should be cryptic from now on. Every diet/training suggestion will be phrased as a life lesson but will more or less mean “eat protein and lift weights.”

But yeah, basically I meant training for sexy vs training for strength…kind of reminding myself not to ignore curls and smedium shirts.

curls and smedium shirts.[/quote]
The story of my life.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Train for sexy vs train for strength?! Dunno…[/quote]
I should be cryptic from now on. Every diet/training suggestion will be phrased as a life lesson but will more or less mean “eat protein and lift weights.”

But yeah, basically I meant training for sexy vs training for strength…kind of reminding myself not to ignore curls and smedium shirts.[/quote]

Wait, you are saying my arms are SMALL? Fuck you. Who are you anyway? I warm up with your 1rm, bitch.

shh I’ll buy you a beer