Professor X: How Do You Eat?

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
I would be interested in this too, but I could understand how X may not take the thread seriously or see it as an insult. On the topic of not counting macros or measuring food, I am curious as to why he is so opposed to it. While he obviously isn’t the leanest, as has been rehashed plenty of times, he has built a ton of muscle over the years and would look pretty damn impressive if he were to do a serious cut. I would think that at this stage in his lifting career, getting more meticulous with nutrition would be key to continuing to make progress. At some point, it seems like just “eating a lot” and “listening to your body” will only take you so far[/quote]

Agreed on all counts. However it takes a lot out of your ego to admit to yourself honestly that you may need a complete change in attitude and approach to CONTINUE progressing, regardless how impressive your progress has been till date.

Three things a lifter CAN learn from professor x’s progress :

• The simple minded “eat big, lift frequently and try to add weight to the bar at all costs and train EVERYTHING, compounds, isolation, everything” can take a person pretty damn far by itself. Beginners and intermediates should try to milk it for all its worth. Too many people on here think they’re advanced when they’re not.

• While the basic stuff works a lot longer than most newbies think it does, dont be ashamed to admit to yourself when it eventually does stop working and switch tracks, or you’ll be forever stuck (psychologically for the most part) in permabulker territory.

• Don’t avoid deadlifts, do train your posterior chain. Never become “unfunctional” (yeah I used that word, sue me)

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
I expect nothing civil or useful to come out of this thread. [/quote]

I’m hoping this will turn into a food p0rn thread with great burger recipes.
I think I will snap a pic of my diy burger tonight and post them here.

While we always tend to stress the shittiness of permabulking on here, sometimes we should celebrate the good aspects - stuffing oneself after a hard training session.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
While we always tend to stress the shittiness of permabulking on here, sometimes we should celebrate the good aspects - stuffing oneself after a hard training session. [/quote]

Could not agree more, would be interesting to here from the “other” side to gaining in a more comprehensive fashion.

I’d be interested in this, I hope it doesn’t just devolve into shit-slinging. X’s thread from a few years back on how he trains was actually one of the most useful things I’ve read training-wise, but I also understand that he rubs guys up the wrong way.

[quote]furo wrote:
I’d be interested in this, I hope it doesn’t just devolve into shit-slinging. X’s thread from a few years back on how he trains was actually one of the most useful things I’ve read training-wise, but I also understand that he rubs guys up the wrong way.[/quote]

Thanks and here is that thread.

I don’t rub people the wrong way.

People with self esteem issues get pissed when I don’t act like I am beneath them. That’s all.

If you want me to discuss things like this, I can make my own thread on it. You already know the goal of the guys who started this one so I probably won’t post in this one again.

Have a great one!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]furo wrote:
I’d be interested in this, I hope it doesn’t just devolve into shit-slinging. X’s thread from a few years back on how he trains was actually one of the most useful things I’ve read training-wise, but I also understand that he rubs guys up the wrong way.[/quote]

People with self esteem issues get pissed when I don’t act like I am beneath them. That’s all.

If you want me to discuss things like this, I can make my own thread on it. You already know the goal of the guys who started this one so I probably won’t post in this one again.

Have a great one![/quote]

Thanks buddy, you too :slight_smile:

[quote]furo wrote:

The irony in this post is amazing.

That thread needs to be updated with the #s actually hit. db preacher curls weren’t even true.

I think PX can teach us that bodybuilding is truly just creating an illusion. That is actually an essential lesson for every successful bodybuilder

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
That thread needs to be updated with the #s actually hit. db preacher curls weren’t even true.

I think PX can teach us that bodybuilding is truly just creating an illusion. That is actually an essential lesson for every successful bodybuilder[/quote]

Or claiming he benched 405 after a year of training (or whatever) but struggling with a band assisted 315 on video after 15 years of training while weighing close to 280…

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

I think PX can teach us that bodybuilding is truly just creating an illusion. That is actually an essential lesson for every successful bodybuilder[/quote]

Or claiming he benched 405 after a year of training (or whatever) but struggling with a band assisted 315 on video after 15 years of training while weighing close to 280…[/quote]
To come to his defense, he admittedly uses mostly machines because he doesn’t have a training partner and there is less risk of injury with heavy loads. If I recall correctly?

If you don’t do a lift regularly it’s tough jumping back in for the first time.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Or claiming he benched 405 after a year of training (or whatever) but struggling with a band assisted 315 on video after 15 years of training while weighing close to 280…[/quote]
To come to his defense, he admittedly uses mostly machines because he doesn’t have a training partner and there is less risk of injury with heavy loads. If I recall correctly?

If you don’t do a lift regularly it’s tough jumping back in for the first time.[/quote]

Then why claim there’s only 5-10lb difference? He’s also completely backed every other outlandish claim made by his e-friends (495 incline for6-15 reps, wr deadlift numbers despite “not knowing” three difference between a rack pull and a dead, etc…) He just makes shit up to sound cool, then has lame excuses when proven that he is in fact relatively weak and the definition of “unfunctional”.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

If you don’t do a lift regularly it’s tough jumping back in for the first time.[/quote]

Then why claim there’s only 5-10lb difference? He’s also completely backed every other outlandish claim made by his e-friends (495 incline for6-15 reps, wr deadlift numbers despite “not knowing” three difference between a rack pull and a dead, etc…) He just makes shit up to sound cool, then has lame excuses when proven that he is in fact relatively weak and the definition of “unfunctional”.
[/quote]
Haha I don’t want to comment on all that. At this point you and I both know enough of Prof X’s posting history and style to know what to expect.

I’m past the point of getting sucked into his arguments. I’m genuinely here to help and learn

[quote]gregron wrote:

Haha I don’t want to comment on all that. At this point you and I both know enough of Prof X’s posting history and style to know what to expect.

I’m past the point of getting sucked into his arguments. I’m genuinely here to help and learn[/quote]

Good for you man, this site could do with a hell of a lot more posters with that attitude.

It really makes me think about presentation and focus. Compare the physiques and workouts of Infinite shore and PX. Big differences in both aspects

[quote]furo wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

I’m past the point of getting sucked into his arguments. I’m genuinely here to help and learn[/quote]

Good for you man, this site could do with a hell of a lot more posters with that attitude.
[/quote]
If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all

As much as I actually think this thread could be interesting we all know it won’t go anywhere. Nice try though Brick :slight_smile:

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
I’m hoping this will turn into a food p0rn thread with great burger recipes.
I think I will snap a pic of my diy burger tonight and post them here.

While we always tend to stress the shittiness of permabulking on here, sometimes we should celebrate the good aspects - stuffing oneself after a hard training session. [/quote]

Trained hard, helped some BBer with his squat form, and ate these fuckers 1h ago - permabulker style.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]furo wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]
If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all

As much as I actually think this thread could be interesting we all know it won’t go anywhere. Nice try though Brick :)[/quote]

Looking awesome Gregron.

[quote]furo wrote:

Goal of this thread: to see what you eat these days and to calculate calories and macronutrients.

I request you start your own diet log if you don’t want to post in here again. I hope I don’t get my request rejected.

It really makes me think about presentation and focus. Compare the physiques and workouts of Infinite shore and PX. Big differences in both aspects[/quote]

Infinite_Shore hasn’t been training anywhere near as long as X.

[quote]jeremielemauvais wrote:

It really makes me think about presentation and focus. Compare the physiques and workouts of Infinite shore and PX. Big differences in both aspects[/quote]

Infinite_Shore hasn’t been training anywhere near as long as X.[/quote]

Yeah, but IS does a lot of exercises that have much more of an impact on the body. I THINK that’s what he meant.

X, do you think you can start a thread on your intake. I’ll count up the macros and kcals for you.