T Nation

Professional BB's Steroids

Do professionals like Jay just take Test…or do they mix it up? How do they get them…I’m sure they use a lot.

A buddy of mine told me they spend atleast a hundred thousand a year?

I was just curious about the professional’s steroid use and how they transform into such freaks.

Any thoughts?

We can speculate all day but in the end thats all it is.
I can quite confidently say that they don’t all run just test.
You’re going to be pretty hard pressed to find much info on the subject because it is obviously not commonly shared info.

I believe the closest person to a pro that posts here would be Prisoner. Whether or not he would be willing to share any of that info could be another story.

Whenever someone close to the scene discusses what their experience with pros and top level amateurs most people shout bullshit, these threads never end well. Some have to abuse, some are reportedly on near HRT level dosages.

THAT IS AN EXCELLENT QUESTION, WICKED08!!1!! HOLD ON, I’VE GOT JAY ON THE OTHER LINE, LET ME ASK HIM!!!

[quote]Contrl wrote:
THAT IS AN EXCELLENT QUESTION, WICKED08!!1!! HOLD ON, I’VE GOT JAY ON THE OTHER LINE, LET ME ASK HIM!!![/quote]

can I have his number?

They take everything all year long, they are superhumans

A good friend of mine who frequents my gym trains down in the city (NY)with some pro’s and he’s always on for the most part. He’s pretty big and has competed in some state level comps. In my opinion I’d say he’s doing a fraction of what the pro’s are doing. But it is all hush when it comes to the pro’s usage. Have you seen Jay’s head and gut lately? He’s definitely been hittin the growth pretty hard.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Maximus50 wrote:
Have you seen Jay’s head and gut lately? He’s definitely been hittin the growth pretty hard. [/quote]

Speaking of that, I don’t know much about GH and for a while I’ve wondered what causes the gut growth?

I have had the opportunity to talk to an Olympia competitor, as well as a former Mr. USA.

The thing that struck me about these guys is that they know shit about what they are taking. They trust the people around them to get them to where they need to be.

And it is not like I hit them up in the middle of a meet and greet about this. On both occasions, it was in a private setting where we were just shooting the shit. Both of them told me that they honestly had no idea about AAS.

If the competitors themselves have no idea, how in the hell can the fanboys have a fucking clue?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I have had the opportunity to talk to an Olympia competitor, as well as a former Mr. USA.

The thing that struck me about these guys is that they know shit about what they are taking. They trust the people around them to get them to where they need to be.

And it is not like I hit them up in the middle of a meet and greet about this. On both occasions, it was in a private setting where we were just shooting the shit. Both of them told me that they honestly had no idea about AAS.

If the competitors themselves have no idea, how in the hell can the fanboys have a fucking clue?

[/quote]

You mind dropping names? I’m curious.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
THAT IS AN EXCELLENT QUESTION, WICKED08!!1!! HOLD ON, I’VE GOT JAY ON THE OTHER LINE, LET ME ASK HIM!!![/quote]

I’m not looking for some precise answer, I wanted to see if someone more knowledged on the subject would

thanks for the help…dbag

[quote]Cortes wrote:
rainjack wrote:

You mind dropping names? I’m curious.
[/quote]

No names. Just know that one was on stage at this years Olympia, and the other will be on stage next year.

RJ

Sorry to barr on this but I am curious…didn’t you ask them how can’t they not know what they are putting into their bodies???

I mean from the comment it’s as if they have no idea what they are injecting or anything…

confused mind going into melting mode…

[quote]sawadeekrob wrote:
RJ

Sorry to barr on this but I am curious…didn’t you ask them how can’t they not know what they are putting into their bodies???

I mean from the comment it’s as if they have no idea what they are injecting or anything…

confused mind going into melting mode…[/quote]

It’s not inconceivable. Many don’t want the hassle of the technical stuff milligrams of this and this mixed with this for this long and then switch to this and taper off with this.

If they have an expert like a Dan Duchaine who lays it all out for them and prolly injects them as well all they have to worry about is lifting hard, eating, and sleeping. There are those highly intelligent technical ones who enjoy that type of stuff (putting together complex cycles) but many don’t.

D

It really shouldn’t be inconceivable. The guys who are so successful in bodybuilding are that way because of having the genetics for it physiologically as well as having the personal drive and desire. That’s no predictor at all of interest or aptitude in esoteric use of pharmaceuticals.

Which does the average sensible person do, assuming let’s say he can obtain any pharmaceutical drug without prescription: spend years learning himself what ought to be prescribed when and then self-medicate, or does he figure, Another person, an expert, has already learned all this, he has a good reputation, I will find out what he says is right for me and do that?

Now, granted, steroid “gurus” are’t doctors and there have been cases where trust wasn’t deserved, but in the situation where a bodybuilder does for whatever reason trust a given expert, it’s completely reasonable for him to not choose to worry about the specifics.

Myself I have always used the method of providing the understanding and explaining choices rather than simply saying “Do this” but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are many that leave it at “Do this” and have clients perfectly happy with that.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.