T Nation

Producing More Testosterone

I know there are ways of producing more testosterone levels naturally. but how?

-Protein from whey and egg hydrolysates increase testosterone production
-Having erections increase testosterone
-Work out with weight that is 85% of your 1RM with three sets or more.
-Monosaturated fats increase testosterone (Hello, PB)
-indole-3-carbinol rich vegetables turns “bad” estrogen into “good” estrogen which restore testosterone production
-Sleep at least 7-8 hours.
-Skipping meals and/or waiting too long between meals can cause hormone levels to plummet. Eat when you’re hungry.
-Excess body fat causes estrogen levels to rise.
-Reducing caloric intake by more than 15% can cause a large decrease in testosterone production.

Your two BIG ones

diet eating enough and getting your healthy fats all sources. Sats included’

Sleep

Then pretty damn good list above. Just these IMO need stressed

Phill

pretty good list by 2nd poster…what’s your name mean?

[quote]寅 wrote:
-Protein from whey and egg hydrolysates increase testosterone production
-Having erections increase testosterone
-Work out with weight that is 85% of your 1RM with three sets or more.
-Monosaturated fats increase testosterone (Hello, PB)
-indole-3-carbinol rich vegetables turns “bad” estrogen into “good” estrogen which restore testosterone production
-Sleep at least 7-8 hours.
-Skipping meals and/or waiting too long between meals can cause hormone levels to plummet. Eat when you’re hungry.
-Excess body fat causes estrogen levels to rise.
-Reducing caloric intake by more than 15% can cause a large decrease in testosterone production.[/quote]

Good list. Basically sleeping enough, eating the right foods, and lifting heavy weights.

I have seen a lot of these human clinical trials that seem to discuss this issue. To say that the conclusions are mixed from study to study would be an understatement…

Although proper nutrition is integral for long term health and hormone balance, I honestly wouldn’t expect you to boost your T. production significantly overnight with any method, especially if you’ve been on the low end for a while, except from supplements such as avena sativa, tribulus etc… (have a look at Alpha Male, it has a good reputation around here)

squats and milk?

[quote]? wrote:
-Protein from whey and egg hydrolysates increase testosterone production
-Having erections increase testosterone
-Work out with weight that is 85% of your 1RM with three sets or more.
-Monosaturated fats increase testosterone (Hello, PB)
-indole-3-carbinol rich vegetables turns “bad” estrogen into “good” estrogen which restore testosterone production
-Sleep at least 7-8 hours.
-Skipping meals and/or waiting too long between meals can cause hormone levels to plummet. Eat when you’re hungry.
-Excess body fat causes estrogen levels to rise.
-Reducing caloric intake by more than 15% can cause a large decrease in testosterone production.[/quote]

Great summary. This should be highlighted in the “Beginners” section for sure.

[quote]dl- wrote:
pretty good list by 2nd poster…what’s your name mean?[/quote]

Tiger.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
… honestly wouldn’t expect you to boost your T. production significantly overnight with any method…[/quote]

Of course; that’s a given-nothing happens overnight when it comes to bodily changes.

Whoa! It takes some time until the mods put the posts up… :wink:

Apart from that, nice list.

I have read numerous places (including here) that lifting weights LOWERS testosterone.

High-level endurance training (such as marathons and other type of long distance training) reduces testosterone levels by 15 - 40%.

gasp

[quote]寅 wrote:
High-level endurance training (such as marathons and other type of long distance training) reduces testosterone levels by 15 - 40%.[/quote]

lol ew hahaha

Squats, deads and dietary fat. :sunglasses: Seriously.

I was having “issues” a while back. Upped my saturated fat intake through eggs, whole milk etc. Problem went away, numbers doubled. My new motto:

Eat more fat.

I remember reading that if you jerk off too often your Testosterone drops. But this can’t be true, right? Right?