T Nation

Problems With The V-Diet

My weight loss on the V-diet has slowed down to nothing in the past 3 days (been on it a week). I haven’t changed anything about the plan (except for adding two slices of whole wheat bread a day).

Does weight loss slow down around this point, and startup again later, or are the two slices of bread really having that much of a negative impact?

If you must eat something everyday while on your diet, eat vegetables and fruit (mostly veggies), not bread.

And only weigh yourself once a week. You’ll go nuts if you weigh in all the time.

When you radically drop carbs, you will start to lose rapidly a lot of water you’ve been hanging onto. This can slow down after a week.

Yes, two extra slices of grain-based carbs can screw up the V-Diet. Now it’s just a diet.

Umm, if you’re eating bread everyday then it’s not the V-diet.

[quote]conorh wrote:
Umm, if you’re eating bread everyday then it’s not the V-diet.[/quote]

lol.

Save the bread for your cheat meal.

I wouldn’t have even eaten whole wheat bread on my 1 clean meal per week while on the V-diet, let alone 2 every day.

I doubt you’ll get the cravings changes that the V-diet is known for if you eat that bread every day.

Start over, and don’t eat any whole foods except for once a week, and that one meal, once a week should be loaded with vegetables, fruit and meat.

Yea, I didn’t change anything…except i ate solid foods for all 6 meals, and had 3 shamrock shakes. Can’t figure out what the problem is though.

Hmm, shamrock shakes? Can I substitute a giant oreo blizzard for that?

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
Yea, I didn’t change anything…except i ate solid foods for all 6 meals, and had 3 shamrock shakes. Can’t figure out what the problem is though.[/quote]

'Cmon guys, be a little nicer.

Like a previous poster stated, just start over with the shakes only, and save solids for the weekly chewable meal.

Really look at the breakdown of your shakes, too. Be sure to include enough fat and fibre, this will help to keep you “full” longer.

Read all the posts by Chris Shugart and Dan John regarding their experiences on this program.

Good luck.

A.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Hmm, shamrock shakes? Can I substitute a giant oreo blizzard for that?[/quote]

Thanks to the latest addition to the V-Diet- now you can have a peanut butter oreo blizzard. I would try and fit in at least three a day.

I agree, if you’re adding bread, you’re screwing yourself over. There isn’t room to wiggle on this diet esp by adding extra carbs.

No oreo shakes…Chris said not to modify the diet.

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
No oreo shakes…Chris said not to modify the diet.[/quote]

Got it.

So it’s 5 servings of Surge and 21 HRX per day, right?

[quote]oldskinnyfat wrote:
IL Cazzo wrote:
No oreo shakes…Chris said not to modify the diet.

Got it.

So it’s 5 servings of Surge and 21 HRX per day, right?

[/quote]

I thought it was a bottle of HRX per day? I was wondering why it cost me about $4000 for the 28 days.