Problems With IF

[quote]gabex wrote:
I would try a solid meal 2-3 hours before training before I would add in MAG-10 pulses. See how that goes and try to stick with the LeanGains protocol. [/quote]

Agreed with Gabex. This is what I’ve been doing and it works just fine.

If one wants to add some simple peri-nutrition, OK. But if one is eating properly–whether using IF or not–I seriously doubt they need ‘pulses’ of any sort. The great majority of what will occur depends on getting the right amount of calories and protein, and using one of any number of reasonable training routines. Do this all consistently and get good rest. That’s basically it.

[quote]Roygion wrote:

[quote]gabex wrote:
I would try a solid meal 2-3 hours before training before I would add in MAG-10 pulses. See how that goes and try to stick with the LeanGains protocol. [/quote]

Agreed with Gabex. This is what I’ve been doing and it works just fine.

If one wants to add some simple peri-nutrition, OK. But if one is eating properly–whether using IF or not–I seriously doubt they need ‘pulses’ of any sort. The great majority of what will occur depends on getting the right amount of calories and protein, and using one of any number of reasonable training routines. Do this all consistently and get good rest. That’s basically it.[/quote]

I plan on sticking to a 16hr fast/8 hr feed because it fits my current schedule on most days. The only day is Wednesday because I can only do the KB circuits at noon, so eating 2 hours before wont’s work without screwing up the fast.

I just want to experiment in a month with the 2 MAG-10 pulses during the 16hour fast. My curiosity wants to see if it will enhance the LeanGains protocol for me. Who knows, it may or may not work, but at least I’ll have tried. Besides, through trial and error that’s how Thibs came up with the MAG-10 pulse feast.