T Nation

Problems Eating Eggs


When I was younger I would eat eggs every once in a while. Never had any problem then. I started getting more serious about training and began eating usually 4 eggs, 5-6 days a week. I did this for several months, and then almost overnight starting having problems. I ate them in the morning one day, and it started out that I felt a little extra full. I thought it was a little strange, but I didn't feel real concerned and went to school. Then a little into my first hour it started getting worse, and I felt like I was going to puke. I figured that was caused by milk, and so the next school day I didn't drink milk, but still ate the eggs. I had the same feeling. This was 14 months ago.

I figured I had been eating too many of them, and that if I would just not eat them for a little while I would be able to start eating them again. This really bugged me because I really wanted to be able to eat eggs and felt they were extremely important. So every few weeks I would test it to see if I could eat eggs, and would usually do something different every time. I had them scrambled, unscrambled, egg whites, whole eggs, with food or milk, without food or milk. Nothing worked. So I finally came to accept that I would probably not be able to to eat plain eggs. I would sometimes make a casserole, and I didn't seem to feel as bad. However, I still felt something, and it got worse the more I did it, so I cut that out.

There are eggs in a lot of things, so I haven't completely stopped eating eggs, but I've been eating a very small amount, and haven't eating any eggs by themselves or even close to by themselves. Yet, it is still getting worse. Today I ate a brownie, A FREAKIN BROWNIE, and got this same awful feeling. This doesn't happen for absolutely everything that has any egg in it at all, but this brownie incident is definately not the only one of it's kind.

This is getting really frustrating, and a little bit scary to be honest. Do any of you know anything about problems like these? If I went to a doctor about this, what kind of doctor would it be?


I don’t know what it could be but you would need to see a gastrointestinal doctor.


definetly see a doctor.


[quote]swirly wrote:
I don’t know what it could be but you would need to see a gastrointestinal doctor.[/quote]

Alright, thanks.