Problems Digesting Waxy Maize

My trainer just got me started using waxy maize around my workout period, and I am having lots of problems with gas/bloating/stomach cramps. I have no problems with dextrose, so I didn’t think I was going to have problems with the waxy either.

Does anyone have any advice as in digestive enzymes I could try for this? My trainer already had me try a general digestive enzyme, and I also tried Beano, which works on certain carb foods.

Thanks

I’m having the same problem, I just figured it is going to take some time for the digestive system to get used to it, but I’m not going to hang on it much longer.

whos wms are you guys using? i find TPs waxy maize is a lot harder to digest than say ONs (which has carbogen in it)

I’m using the Flüd 100% Waxy Maize by Dymatize Nutrition. I didn’t know there were different ingredients.

[quote]hammertime2 wrote:
I’m having the same problem, I just figured it is going to take some time for the digestive system to get used to it, but I’m not going to hang on it much longer.[/quote]

x3

After all the hype, I’m disappointed to say I don’t notice any benefit over malto and/or dextrose either.

Yeah I’m disappointed too I don’t see it helping much vs the bloating that comes with it. I get mine from True Protein in Calf. they do custom mixes. I’m going to drop it for awhile and see if the bloating goes away.

The reason my trainer wants me to try the waxy is because he thinks it is faster absorbing than dextrose/malto. Thoughts on that or experiences?

[quote]ectolifter wrote:
The reason my trainer wants me to try the waxy is because he thinks it is faster absorbing than dextrose/malto. Thoughts on that or experiences?[/quote]

I started using the malto first and it seemed easier to digest

are you guys taking it during your workout or b4/after? if you take it during you are already gonna have a tough time digeting it because blood flow is directed toward your muscles and not your digestion.

try taking it about fifteen min before or right after instead. because its a carb as its digested its pulling water into your digest track thus causing the bloat

I take IDS WMS post workout with my BCAAs, creatine, and glutamine. No bloat whatsoever, in fact, I actually look a little tighter after I drink it.

[quote]ectolifter wrote:
The reason my trainer wants me to try the waxy is because he thinks it is faster absorbing than dextrose/malto. Thoughts on that or experiences?[/quote]

how “fast” does it need to be ?

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
are you guys taking it during your workout or b4/after? if you take it during you are already gonna have a tough time digeting it because blood flow is directed toward your muscles and not your digestion.

try taking it about fifteen min before or right after instead. because its a carb as its digested its pulling water into your digest track thus causing the bloat[/quote]

I’m taking it upon waking, and then I start my workout one hour later. After the workout I take it immediately, and then within an hour I have a whole food meal.

On non-workout days my trainer suggests that I have the same wms/protein shake upon waking to get calories into my system fast, and then have my breakfast after one hour. Does that seem strange to you guys?? I had never heard of taking a fast absorbing carb any other time outside of the workout window before.

Swivel, to answer your question, I guess getting the wms into my system fast enough so that an hour later I am ready for the food meal or in some cases my workout.

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:

try taking it about fifteen min before or right after instead. because its a carb as its digested its pulling water into your digest track thus causing the bloat[/quote]

I’m taking it upon waking, and then I start my workout one hour later. After the workout I take it immediately, and then within an hour I have a whole food meal.

On non-workout days my trainer suggests that I have the same wms/protein shake upon waking to get calories into my system fast, and then have my breakfast after one hour. Does that seem strange to you guys?? I had never heard of taking a fast absorbing carb any other time outside of the workout window before.

Swivel, to answer your question, I guess getting the wms into my system fast enough so that an hour later I am ready for the food meal or in some cases my workout.

well your trainer doesnt really get how wms works then lol bc if you mix it with your protein powder it slows down the digestion anways lol and thus makes it no better then dextrose. try taking it either ALONE or with about 10g bcaas which arent substantial enough to raise the osmolality of the substance.

does he have you on creatine? what are your goals anyways? if you are cutting i def wouldnt have it for breakfast if youre trying to bulk though and youre an ectomorph apparently it wouldnt hurt i used to tell all my skinny guy clients that with them fat really matters more than carbs bc it will slow down their metabolism a little, and most had great success with that…

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
does he have you on creatine? what are your goals anyways? if you are cutting i def wouldnt have it for breakfast if youre trying to bulk though and youre an ectomorph apparently it wouldnt hurt i used to tell all my skinny guy clients that with them fat really matters more than carbs bc it will slow down their metabolism a little, and most had great success with that… [/quote]

Yes, I put in the creatine with that shake, about 10g. I’m trying to bulk now, and as my pen name hints at, I’m an ectomorph, but one of those fat-skinny guys. Really I’m only an ectomorph in regards to muscle gain, because I have in the past been on bulks where I have indeed gained weight, but most was fat weight. Muscle and strength gains seem really hard for me.

[quote]swivel wrote:
ectolifter wrote:
The reason my trainer wants me to try the waxy is because he thinks it is faster absorbing than dextrose/malto. Thoughts on that or experiences?

how “fast” does it need to be ?
[/quote]

seconded. dextrose absorbs pretty damn fast. from the digestion problems this shit causes, it sounds like by taking it ur shuffling .005 of a step forward and taking 2 steps back.