Problem with Weight Jumps. No 5-Pound Plates

I have to assume your TM then went up too fast from all the extra awesome

2 Likes

I was going suggest painting them some outrageous color but now you resolved the issue.

1 Like

I did not see anyone state this in this thread. There is no rule that says you need to change your TM at each cycle and you can use the TM test to see if you are ready for a 10lbs jump.

TrainForPain says it in his first opinion on the subject.
If I understood it correctly. But as far as Iā€™ve read Jimā€™s advice, no matter how strong we feel and how much we think our current maximum repetition is, we shouldnā€™t calculate the training max on it, but just increase the weight by 5 lb for BP and OHP for each new cycle and 10 lbs. for Squat and DL. And thatā€™s exactly how I think Iā€™ll proceed until I reach a level where I canā€™t do 5+, 3+, 1+. Only then will I calculate my new maximum repetition, set 90% of it and start from the beginning.

Increase the TM by 10lbs every second cycle like you said.

Your goal, for the cycles that repeat the same weight, is to beat your reps from the last cycle.

EDIT:
But seriously though just get some plates. I donā€™t know what public figure you are, but for the sake of your reputation you better hope that nobody finds out that youā€™re scared to put your own plates in your bag.

1 Like