Problem with Starting Strength Regarding Nutrition

[quote]Deva wrote:

[quote]SevenDragons wrote:
See, you aren’t asking questions for answers or clarifications. You are looking to argue. You are trolling.[/quote]

I am not trying to argue, at least not for the sake of it. I just don’t get why there is a contradiction between Rippetoe saying that a newbie gain like 31 lbs. of LBM 11 weeks and others like Lyle McDonald who say that it’s impossible to make such gains. Even the bodybuilder Scooby, said that gaining “31lbs LBM in 11 weeks is pure fantasy and its a cruel trick to mislead teens to think they can achieve this.” Even, Christian Thibaudeau has said that in one of his posts that gaining 30-35 lbs. in one year would be quite an unusual feat even for a beginner. I mean, something is not right. I am curious to know what Chris thinks about all of this.[/quote]

You mean to tell me that people have different views/opinions on something? Holy. Shit.

Seriously, you are unintentionally being dense or purposely being dense. Both of which say you are a moron in one capacity or another.

[quote]Deva wrote:

[quote]SevenDragons wrote:
See, you aren’t asking questions for answers or clarifications. You are looking to argue. You are trolling.[/quote]

I am not trying to argue, at least not for the sake of it. I just don’t get why there is a contradiction between Rippetoe saying that a newbie gain like 31 lbs. of LBM 11 weeks and others like Lyle McDonald who say that it’s impossible to make such gains. Even the bodybuilder Scooby, said that gaining “31lbs LBM in 11 weeks is pure fantasy and its a cruel trick to mislead teens to think they can achieve this.” Even, Christian Thibaudeau has said that in one of his posts that gaining 30-35 lbs. in one year would be quite an unusual feat even for a beginner. I mean, something is not right. I am curious to know what Chris thinks about all of this.[/quote]

I see what the problem is, you cant read. Try rereading what Rip wrote or said, or ask him yourself. To my knowledge Rip never states that you will gain 40lbs of LBM or dry muscle. He usually says that people will gain 40lbs of lean muscular weight.

By that he means you will gain 40lbs and still be athletic although Rips version of lean and many of the guys you mentioned versions of lean are pretty far apart. You are essentially arguing against a point that was never made. Congrats on wasting everyones time.

[quote]Deva wrote:
I am curious to know what Chris thinks about all of this.[/quote]
I think… LoRez and Flip called it right in your last thread. This is a new account for bull_scientist. The writing style, constant overthinking/over-examination, line of “logic”, even the bodyweight and current maxes are pretty much identical. Also, specifically wanting to avoid saturated fats and cholesterol was a bit of a giveaway, boss.

I’m tired of getting sucked into BS’s rabbit hole threads of inanity and I’m pretty sure I’m done with Deva’s too. Best of luck.

FWIW, you’ve already gotten solid answers to your original question. Constantly why-why-whying and talking things to death is a substitute for the hard work and patience required for trial and error.

[quote]Deva-Scientist wrote:

20 lbs. of LBM which would include 12 lbs. of pure dry muscle and 8 lbs. of water, glycogen storage, mass of bones, tendons, ligaments.
[/quote]

This was the funniest part. I literally loled.