Problem With Sharing

Al, the lesson to be learned is that there is always somebody out there who is bigger, faster, and stronger than you. For the sake of everyone on this board and mankind in general, “turn the page” and “get a clue”.

OK I answered a question to apply to what I do I didnt say it was right or wrong I just said what I do then I get this guy trying to say that I only do this to small guys then everybody gets off the subject just to call me a jerk. I didnt post that message to brag… All I said is that I am in agreement with princess as to those guys are usually in the gym a couple of weeks and leave “WICH EQUALS WASTING MY TIME IF I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO GET OFF THE MACHINE!!!” And you guys accused me of being an ass…But you guys didnt take into concideration that I dont mind helping people that are serious, just those that waste my time I get frusterated with but you have to become gay and talk about shooting me because you all know I WOULD WHOOP ALL YOUR ASSES!!!

Yeah, ask how many sets he has left. Most people would take the hint & horry up & finish with it. I don’t think intimidation is the best way to do it. How would you like it if you were just a newbie or something & a guy who’s 5’10" 190lbs & says he benches 280 & squats 400 come over & says ‘outta my way newbie’?

I’m not a big fan of intimidation, but it does have it’s place… Most of the grocery stores here are pretty packed… I get so tired of fat asses (both ladies & men) walking right in front of my cart… so I found if you barrel down the isles people won’t walk in front and actually get out of your way… you have to try this… it’s actually kinda funny… and you get out of the store alot quicker to boot.

hmmmmmm…yep, I guess I was always 6’5" and 245…I guess I was born this way. For some reason tho…I do recall being 6’5" and 160 back a long long time ago…and unable to bench 135 when I first started…and 90 pound squats were hard to do. I guess I should be glad that there were no people in the gym I started at feeling that I was wasting their precious time and equipment putting those pitiful 25’s on each side of the bar at the squat rack. I guess everyone on this forum started with a 250+ bench press and a 400 pound squat…so your right Princess…get those useless wimps OUT of the way of your workouts…they will NEVER amount to anything!! GROW UP!!! We all started somewhere…and for you to write off some poor beginner as someone who will be there just a couple of weeks is just plain wrong. I would love to know what you would have thought when a 6’5" 160 pound beanpole walked into the gym for the first time…cause that guy was me! smiles and I know today if I walked into your gym…you would consider me one of the guys that “belonged” there…and if I had 30 pounds on the leg extention machine…you would be saying…he must be doing an Ian King program…instead of…he’s wasting my precious time!! What a difference

with ALL due respect Al, I saw that you are 18 and those lifts are pretty good for an 18 yr old kid but you are not realy that big or that strong (gee what kinda “health spa” do you workout at, Bally’s?) keep things in perspective, in the gym I go to you would be the lil’ newbie. I guess I should cut ya’ some slack 'cause you are just a kid(not an insult but I’m sure even you relize you are just a kid and will grow up alot in the next 5-10yrs). as always peace

OK first let me address Whopper Ok dude first off two years ago I was only benching 70 for 1 rep I dont mind it if they ARE serious but what i am trying to say is that some go there just because of a phase that their gowing through and yes most of them dont last more than 3 weeks… And to Hetyey I go to Golds gym here in central California and yea i do agree I am only a kid but I am more dedicated than any one I know “adults included” weights are my life so I do take stupid things that pertain to weights extreamly personal especially wasting my time…Well any way like i said this is getting old I ll just drop it

Hi Princess,
Never mind alot of these jerks and their replies on this thread but there are a couple decent ones. The one point about being the “beginner” who has now come a LONG way and is a full fledged weight trainer made me think is it possible for you to give the little guy some work-out pointers on training and gym etiquitte(never mind my spelling) such as 30 minutes on a machine is NOT good practice nor courteous? Alot of new trainess will greatly appreciate any help given from those who are “seasoned” lifters.I have your same intensity when I work-out - I’m there for a reason, very determined and strong minded as to what my workout goals are and how I intend to get there. I’m 100% focused on my work-out and HATE to be side tracked or held up.That’s where the pointers come in… a “rookie” can’t understand yet the intensity/motivation that we do at this point. As for intimidation, I have to address Al’s replies(I couldn’t stop laughing):I don’t care what age you are,if you’re benching hasn’t broken the 300lb mark I wouldn’t be talking so high and mighty!!! Al’s at least 60lbs below what he should be doing at his size. When I was 18, at 5’5", 140 lbs, I was benching 325lbs! Over TWICE my bodyweight but even then I wasn’t out for intimidation…the presence of a lifter under a BIG lift speaks for itself, nothing else needs to be said. Anyway, my point is try working in just once while giving some “coaching” between your sets and let the little guy maybe learn from watching YOU work-out the right way. One last point, those 25 horny guys wanting to talk to you are the ones who shouldn’t be there because if they were there to work-out hard and heavy with full concentration/motivation they wouldn’t have timt to be hitting on you. Thanks…

very lame

Mark your territory. I just piss on the equipment I’m going to use for the day. For some reason, people don’t care to use it once I do that.

I have a theory that I haven’t tried yet, but maybe you could put it into play Princess. Try eating burritos with hot sauce every day before your workout, then fart real quiet near the machine you want to use. Everyone else will go away, and since most people are immune to their own flatulence, you should have the machine all to yourself.

Well, for starters, don’t count on me doing any “big lifts” anytime soon! My best lift ever was a 235lb deadlift, with terrible form!

The people that anger me are not “newbies”, they are more “oldbies”. Honestly, younger people don’t seem to anger me like these older, out of shape slobs do. They act like they are so tough, so I don’t want to give them any advice. Or do they really want it? Should I tell some 55 year old shrunken man that he’ll never get huge delts from 12 sets of shoulder presses in the smith machine? (I want to use it for pull ups) SHould I give him advice even if he will probably never come to the gym after the month is over?

I don’t know how the horny guys on steroids do it, but they always have time to talk to me, and they are huge.

What ever happened to being polite in the gym and camraderie.For years people like myself have tried to quell all the bullshit bodybuilding stereotypes and the thing that gets me is a chick of all things is the one acting tough here. WTF?C’mon just be polite to the guys/gals, maybe they dont know what the fuck they are doing. Besides that they paid for a membership and have just as much right to train as you and I.
Just go back to the day that we all(AND I MEAN EVERY ONE OF US,NO BULLSHIT HERE)first walked into a gym. Some of us were fat, skinny, small, shot, ugly or all of the above. No matter what we were one of the previous things, I dont know of too many new people to working out who started out at 200plus lbs of solid muscle benching thier bodyweight for reps.
If they are using the apparatus then ask them how much they have, if they are gonna be there a while ask to work in(changing the weights might give some of you intimidation meatheads some functional strength lol) or just go fucking do something else.
And Al with guys like you in our gyms today, it really makes for a sad situation for our beloved sport. Check your attitude at the door before someone knocks it out of you(which I predict will happen pretty soon if you act like this offscreen). There is a saying about how there is always someone bigger and stronger then you out there. Well for the amount of fights I have seen and been in my life let me tell you there is always someone smaller as well who can kick the shit out of a bigger guy easily too.But you’ll have to find that out for yourself.
PS I hate BB Curls done in the power rack by the chest/biceps only guys too, but I just fret and go do something else or wait. Unfortunatly there are no rules governing power racks at this point so they are allowed in there as much as any of us.