Problem With Proportions

Guys, I have set my goals, and major ones are:
-to get stronger in the powerlifts
-to get bigger in the upper body
-NOT to get bigger in the lower body

Now is it possible to train and achieve this?
I was thinking of doing really low reps for the squats, deads… and do some sprints for GPP

And as I’m quite sure someone will ask me why…let’s just say that my lowerbody is not that proportional comparing to my upper body (42 inch hips, 26inch legs, but 14 inch arms…you get the picture).

[quote]Hrastnik wrote:
Guys, I have set my goals, and major ones are:
-to get stronger in the powerlifts
-to get bigger in the upper body
-NOT to get bigger in the lower body

Now is it possible to train and achieve this?
I was thinking of doing really low reps for the squats, deads… and do some sprints for GPP

And as I’m quite sure someone will ask me why…let’s just say that my lowerbody is not that proportional comparing to my upper body (42 inch hips, 26inch legs, but 14 inch arms…you get the picture).

[/quote]

i think you already answered ur question

reduce volume and frequency of training legs for the bigger legs part.

I work out with a guy with a simililar issue. He’s 20 years old, can squat a good 600 pounds (legitimately), but can only bench around 160 for reps, forget about deadlifts. I suggestion Christian Thibaudeau’s HSS-100 specialization routines, I’m currently in my last couple days of the back specialization, which has done wonders for me in terms of back size and thickness (I’ll be posting before and after pictures in about a month, as Thib claims that most of the growth will come after the specialization).

if you want to build yourself up more evenly, I suggest a training split based upon 4 days of lifting, every two weeks making one workout a maintenaince leg day. Be patient, lift smart, go heavy, and good luck.