Problem W/ Chicken?

plain and simple, the chicken i buy has tons of fat all around it, and once i cut it off, it’s lost almost half of the meat from it. basically, it looks NOTHING like any of the pictures i ever see of chicken. where do i get some decent chicken for a price under $5/lb?

I buy the 6.5 pound bag of Tyson’s Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast from Sam’s Club (has a teal blue label) for $14.56. It’s great, all the fat is off of it, and tastes awesome. There are separated into fillets, and the bag contains 26 servings (4 oz. each), although some of the fillets weigh more than 4 ounces.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
I buy the 6.5 pound bag of Tyson’s Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast from Sam’s Club (has a teal blue label) for $14.56. It’s great, all the fat is off of it, and tastes awesome. There are separated into fillets, and the bag contains 26 servings (4 oz. each), although some of the fillets weigh more than 4 ounces.[/quote]

This sounds like a good deal to me. Generally breast meat from organically gown chicken is the way to go. I prefer cooking them in some kind of broth for decent flavor.

Just be sure you cook them right, not too little or else you better have a large toilet, but not too much, or you may just waste it all. That’s something you’ll have to figure out on your own.

I rarely buy skinless, boneless chicken breasts for over $2.50 a pound.

Usually that’s the cheaper meat compared to 90/10 ground beef.

A possible option, if your worried about fat is to boil your chicken, then grill it or prepare it however you want. I used to boil my chicken and was pretty grossed out to see some of the shit that ended up in the water.

A possible option, if your worried about fat is to boil your chicken, then grill it or prepare it however you want. I used to boil my chicken and was pretty grossed out to see some of the shit that ended up in the water.