Problem Getting Abs

So…heres the deal…Im 14 years old 6’0 and weigh 163lbs…I lost a decent amount of weight a few years ago and now im pretty lean. However, the only spot that i have a TON of fat is on my stomach, and on my hips…i really want a six pack before the summer and i have been trying to search on this website, but havent found nothing. Any ideas on what i could do?? I cant run (Technically i can) to lose more wieght because im trying to bulk up for football season. What should I do?

[quote]JerryRicePwns wrote:
So…heres the deal…Im 14 years old 6’0 and weigh 163lbs…I lost a decent amount of weight a few years ago and now im pretty lean. However, the only spot that i have a TON of fat is on my stomach, and on my hips…i really want a six pack before the summer and i have been trying to search on this website, but havent found nothing. Any ideas on what i could do?? I cant run (Technically i can) to lose more wieght because im trying to bulk up for football season. What should I do?[/quote]

Deal witth the fact you won’t have a six pakc for summer, without comprising your bulking. You can however bulk as leanly as possible, and just get bigger muscles. Which is a much bigger accomplishment then a sixpack.

what are your maxes right now?

there not that good…bench is 115, squat is 220, deadlift 200. Those are the main ones. So is it not possible for me to get a six pack??..caues…the babes love that dude…

there not that good…bench is 115, squat is 220, deadlift 200. Those are the main ones. So is it not possible for me to get a six pack??..caues…the babes love that dude…[/quote]

You need to have some bigger lifts before you worry about that, Take a video of you squatting. it’s rare for someone, especially a beginner to squat more then they deadlift. The girls will love it even more a few years down the road when you’re 200+/- pounds and have a six pack. If your worried about girls not hooking up with you because you don’t have a six pack. You should work on flirting a bit more haha.

Six packs are for skinny bastards (who are unable to handle bulking) and people who have bulked for a long time. I would go with the second option. Honeslty, I have let go on my desire to get a six pack right now, and I have been worrying about getting a lot bigger.

either you are doing the deadlifts wrong or your squat isnt full… or your grip strength really sucks. try using chalk if thats the problem and you havent tried. it helps loads. at least it does for me.

btw if im 6 feet too. if i was your weight i’d die cause my body fat would be -5%

and i havent really done much bulking up.

what does that mean?

bulk up.

there not that good…bench is 115, squat is 220, deadlift 200. Those are the main ones. So is it not possible for me to get a six pack??..caues…the babes love that dude…[/quote]

The babes also love a star football player so concentrate on getting fit for your game and being a better player. When you’re on the field you can’t see your abs under your uniform anyway.

I’ll take a big muscular guy with a little flab on his gut over a skinny guy with hawt abs any day ; )

So…heres the deal… I’m bulking, and I want a six pack. What should I do?[/quote]

Keep bulking.
Nothing that I’m aware of will enable you to do both at the same time.
Bulking will make you effective at football.
Trying to get a six pack will probably leave you weak, and even if you do manage to garner the attention of a girl, it will end badly, because you’re young.

Good luck in either case.

which do you want? cuz if you have a bunch of fat on your hips and stomach, it’s unlikely to get rid of it, so I suggest doing what zephead said, and to just bulk lean and train hard.

I lost quite a bit of body fat in about 4 months, and still went up in strength (not as fast as I would have if I had been bulking, mind you, I didn’t disprove that method), but you don’t have 4 months until summer. just bulk lean. make that guy with the six pack look like a twig.

yep

u ain’t getting no “abs” before summer. At 14, 6’0" and 163lbs… if u actually “cut” to see ur abs by June (45days away) you will end up in the hospital due to ANEMIA.

U need eat, lift, sleep, rinse and repeat.

[quote]NeoSpartan wrote:

U need eat, lift, sleep, rinse and repeat. [/quote]

you forgot “lather” :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: oh and dude, if you’re 14, it’s not the end of the world if you can’t get ripped by the summer. haha