Pro Wrist Straps and APT

The strength coach at my high school is a frequent customer at prowriststraps.com and has purchased dozens of lifting straps from them multiple times. He told me that the site and the company seems to be having some issues lately, in that they no longer customize belts with school names and colors. I’ve also had some issues with them. I’ve visited the site daily for the past two months and they seem to always be out of stock in their 10 mm belts. They still haven’t responded to my emails on the issue, and they don’t answer my phone calls. Can anyone shed any light on this?

the only advice i can give is wait for them to get their shit together and then buy your stuff. they make excellent wraps and straps. my personal opinion, which doesnt mean much cause i am some fucking guy on the internet, is go with inzer for a belt. they are more expensive but you get what you pay for, an awesome belt.

They are normally great about handling my orders. I’ve only bought wraps from them but have constantly checked for a belt to no avail. There are lots of other belts out there. Personally, if i were to buy a belt right now, it’d probably be from Bob’s belts.

Storm is right, the Inzer Economy belt is cheap and amazing, go to inzernet.com to find it.

StormtheBeach: I was looking at Inzer and EFS as second choices just because of how expensive they are. They definitely have more name value and I’ll probably end up going with them. Plus, APT really isn’t known for their belts as much as they are for their wraps and straps so I think you’re right.

bjjwannabe152: Those are WAY out of my price range. Maybe in a couple of years…

brauny96: I’m thinking about going with Inzer. I’ll probably get one of their Forever belts though.

Thanks for the responses. Do you guys have any preferences between Inzer or EFS? They’re within $2 of each other and I want to get a 10mm belt.

lever belt…you won’t be disappointed

I like inzers belts. im using a 10mm lever right now. and i wasnt trying to sound snobby about the belt. just saying if i had the choice, and the money of course, id buy from them.

I understand. I’m definitely thinking Inzer. I don’t think I’m going to get a lever belt though because I’m sure I’m going to grow and I hear it’s a real bitch to adjust the lever position.

If you can just wait for EFS to have another sale. I picked up the high end belt which runs 98 for under 70.

It’s not that much of a bitch. I just got a Toro Lever, and it adjust in about a minute with a screwdriver. it stays on between sets, just loose, and it’s tight when you want it. I can’t see any reason to go back to prong, unless you really love having different tightness on different sets and can’t spare 60 seconds.

[quote]thirdnalga wrote:
It’s not that much of a bitch. I just got a Toro Lever, and it adjust in about a minute with a screwdriver. it stays on between sets, just loose, and it’s tight when you want it. I can’t see any reason to go back to prong, unless you really love having different tightness on different sets and can’t spare 60 seconds.[/quote]

I don’t know. I for one change the tightness of my belt depending on how much gear I’m wearing, and that can sometimes mean 3 different settings. I feel like unscrewing/rescrewing the screws two times per workout would wear out the screws pretty fast.

Other than that, lever belts are awesome.

[quote]thepear wrote:
lever belt…you won’t be disappointed[/quote]

agreed

I have heard similar stories lately about APT. I don’t know the inside scoop though. Given that selling lifting gear is probably a pretty marginal buisness, I would not be surprised if they went out.

Elite’s belts are great and they go on sale from time to time. I bought a 13mm belt for about $50 a few months back. It’s a great belt and unlike Inzer’s, this one was pliable and comfortable right out of the box. Considering the life span of a lifting belt, $50 is chump change.

Critietaeta- your profile avatar is hypnotic. I’ve watched that gelled-hair chuck chin-check that chick (say that 3 times real fast) like 80 times. I’m easily amused.

I picked up a belt from them about 2 weeks ago, came pretty quick - granted it was in stock. I did however send out an email asking about when something else would be instock, never replied.

[quote]Pinto wrote:
Critietaeta- your profile avatar is hypnotic. I’ve watched that gelled-hair chuck chin-check that chick (say that 3 times real fast) like 80 times. I’m easily amused.[/quote]

Her whole head disappears… I hate that GD show.