Pro Wrestling Vets?

Idk about the high flying…id like more of a weapons and hardcore type instead

They aren’t tall…but that niche seems to be dead nowadays though.

I would have loved to be ecw

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Charlie Horse wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Wrestlers 6’1 and under:

Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Ric Flair, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, and…umm…I haven’t watched wrestling in a while.[/quote]

They are the exceptions not the rule, I guess he needs to work on the other stuff like working hard(real hard) and being a nice respectful guy. Also if you are under 6’1" be prepared to kill yourself in the ring.

If you want WWE you should try to get in when you have very little experience, they seem to want to train up their own right now. I’m sure you got the charisma right, and you are a BBer so you probably have the look right?

Work hard, practice, practice, practice. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

In short, you won’t be choke slamming anybody, Rockula. But with hard work and persistence, you’ll be jumping off the top rope in time.
[/quote]

Yep be a high flyer, check out Mexico as an option, I don’t think Japan is the place it used to be. [/quote]

And there’s always midget wrestling in Ohio. You’ll be a Giant among little men.[/quote]

Always gotta kick me while I’m down

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
“esk” something or other who used to post on this site is/was a pro wrestler. I haven’t seen him post in quite some time, but you might want to search him and PM.

esk221? Something like that. He was in TCell.[/quote]

Thanks. I kinda recognize the esk…

I think solidkhalid is too but where is he these days?

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Wrestlers 6’1 and under:

Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Ric Flair, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, and…umm…I haven’t watched wrestling in a while.[/quote]

They are the exceptions not the rule, I guess he needs to work on the other stuff like working hard(real hard) and being a nice respectful guy. Also if you are under 6’1" be prepared to kill yourself in the ring.

If you want WWE you should try to get in when you have very little experience, they seem to want to train up their own right now. I’m sure you got the charisma right, and you are a BBer so you probably have the look right?

[/quote]

Hmmm my state requires 5 years of wrestling school become approaching the wwe…I’ve read that on their site a few time over the years.

Didn’t know I could go directly to them…

[/quote]

If you meet Scott Hall, let me know. He’s my hero.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Wrestlers 6’1 and under:

[/quote]

Hmmm my state requires 5 years of wrestling school become approaching the wwe…I’ve read that on their site a few time over the years.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will be like

Wol said sup

And he will be like

Omg no way

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
It’s fake.[/quote]

This always makes me laugh when I hear it. What isn’t staged or fake in terms of entertainment?lol

[/quote]
Where I went to school we had an amateur wrestling club. It was fucking awesome, those guys all had characters and there were plot arcs and everything. You could head down on a Friday night, watch these guys fight- maybe do a little heckling- and then go out on the town. It was a dynamite way to start an evening.

I remember one night a guy got hit with a chair or a tray or something and started bleeding from a cut in his head. He turned to the crowd and yelled “DOES THIS LOOK FAKE TO YOU? IS THIS FAKE?” Obviously it’s choreographed, no one believes the outcome of a given match is actually up in the air. Still, those guys take a ton of punishment, and it is 100% real in terms of the physical commitment required.

[quote]timbofirstblood wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
It’s fake.[/quote]

This always makes me laugh when I hear it. What isn’t staged or fake in terms of entertainment?lol

[/quote]
Where I went to school we had an amateur wrestling club. It was fucking awesome, those guys all had characters and there were plot arcs and everything. You could head down on a Friday night, watch these guys fight- maybe do a little heckling- and then go out on the town. It was a dynamite way to start an evening.

I remember one night a guy got hit with a chair or a tray or something and started bleeding from a cut in his head. He turned to the crowd and yelled “DOES THIS LOOK FAKE TO YOU? IS THIS FAKE?” Obviously it’s choreographed, no one believes the outcome of a given match is actually up in the air. Still, those guys take a ton of punishment, and it is 100% real in terms of the physical commitment required. [/quote]

Oh I’m not saying it isn’t. I’ve been through a few tables been made to tap out too. There’s no way to do all this and not be hurt.
I mean a powerbomb is a powerbomb lol

I was saying people brush wrestling off as fake but will sit through planet of the apes and get lost in the story…not raising an eyebrow even once at a talking monkey

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Wrestlers 6’1 and under:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will be like

Wol said sup

And he will be like

Omg no way
[/quote]

I wish.

Speaking of Scott Hall watch this video and tell me wrestling is ‘fake.’

Sad stuff.

Damn man, that was some sad stuff

No it wasn’t.

You can’t blame wrestling for his coke habit or alcoholism. He said it himself that he comes from alcoholics…so a smart p

All his recklessness did that to him,gettinitdone. Not wrestling.

A smart Person would know not to ever pick up a bottle

From experience…when it comes to addictions YOU KBOW when you need to get clean…its up to YOU to walk away from the party…ge kept going

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
“esk” something or other who used to post on this site is/was a pro wrestler. I haven’t seen him post in quite some time, but you might want to search him and PM.

I think solidkhalid is too but where is he these days?[/quote]

I was at the gym, just got in after my post workout meal.

I dabble in the pro-wrestling arts once or twice a week, schedule permitting. Have a few gimmicks lined up (working with great coaches + ex-superstars)

No it wasn’t.

You can’t blame wrestling for his coke habit or alcoholism. He said it himself that he comes from alcoholics…so a smart p

erson would know not to ever pick up a bottle[/quote]

Yes, no one ever said wrestling caused him to be that way. What the video did show is how wrestling is very much real outside of the gimmicks.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:

No it wasn’t.

erson would know not to ever pick up a bottle[/quote]

Yes, no one ever said wrestling caused him to be that way. What the video did show is how wrestling is very much real outside of the gimmicks.[/quote]

Of course it is . Who said. It wasn’t? what the fuck are you talking about?

[quote]solidkhalid wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

I dabble in the pro-wrestling arts once or twice a week, schedule permitting. Have a few gimmicks lined up (working with great coaches + ex-superstars)[/quote]

Very nice. Wanna share anything as far as what a brand new guy should look out for? Should be doing? Not doing?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Wrestlers 6’1 and under:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was thinking you could always try sending your pics and vids to their developmental fed in Florida. Do they just have the one now? Do you know if they are starting up Tough Enough again or some other competition thing? I’m so out of the loop.

I have more experience in ladies wrestling so you may be right about how long it takes, but take all the short cuts you can, it doesn’t take long for the bumps to take their toll.

Someone mentioned gimmick. “gimmicks”: another name for pain pills and steroids

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

I dabble in the pro-wrestling arts once or twice a week, schedule permitting. Have a few gimmicks lined up (working with great coaches + ex-superstars)[/quote]

Very nice. Wanna share anything as far as what a brand new guy should look out for? Should be doing? Not doing?
[/quote]

1. Mobility and flexibility is a priority. We spend almost an hour just getting warmed up and stretched out before we begin training.

2. Strength is important obviously but I’ve seen weak guys get away with some crazy shit.

3. Aesthetics. Thanks to Johnny Ace this has become more important within the past decade but has always been a big deal.

4. Cardio - Most guys think being in great treadmill running shape will get you prepared for ring work. Not the case. Although I’m not saying be a sloppy fat ass, your endurance will increase over time with your body actually moving through space (besides running in place)

5. Use caution and don’t get pressured into doing something your uncomfortable with. I had a bad spill off the top which lead to a sprain and put me out of doing anything physical for a couple of weeks. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

6. Respect. Its easy to lose and hard to gain. I was known as “rookie” for the first 2-3 months people were expecting me to quit and not show up. My hulk hogan shoot clip really turned some heads (along with my improvements in the ring) and I’ve got some regular nicknames now. Be nice to everyone say hi shake hands etc… your work will speak for itself over time. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done, when you begin, you are a nobody, nothing.

Good luck with the Samoans if you decide to go down to Florida. You have to pay for your try out and whether they take you or not they keep the money.

Looks like Ohio Valley Wrestling is another option and fairly inexpensive…any info on living in kentucky?

I will enroll there as soon as they have an ope session. They require a kentucky wrestling license though…so who knows what that’ll entail

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

1. Mobility and flexibility is a priority. We spend almost an hour just getting warmed up and stretched out before we begin training.

2. Strength is important obviously but I’ve seen weak guys get away with some crazy shit.

3. Aesthetics. Thanks to Johnny Ace this has become more important within the past decade but has always been a big deal.

4. Cardio - Most guys think being in great treadmill running shape will get you prepared for ring work. Not the case. Although I’m not saying be a sloppy fat ass, your endurance will increase over time with your body actually moving through space (besides running in place)

5. Use caution and don’t get pressured into doing something your uncomfortable with. I had a bad spill off the top which lead to a sprain and put me out of doing anything physical for a couple of weeks. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

6. Respect. Its easy to lose and hard to gain. I was known as “rookie” for the first 2-3 months people were expecting me to quit and not show up. My hulk hogan shoot clip really turned some heads (along with my improvements in the ring) and I’ve got some regular nicknames now. Be nice to everyone say hi shake hands etc… your work will speak for itself over time. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done, when you begin, you are a nobody, nothing.

Good luck with the Samoans if you decide to go down to Florida. You have to pay for your try out and whether they take you or not they keep the money. [/quote]

Haha so true, nothing gets you in mat shape like wrestling. Sounds a lot like the typical wrestling I’ve grown used to. Be humble and work hard…standard

I will be going to OVW more than likely unless I find out FCW is better…maybe I will weigh florida vs kentucky and decide

I should have my degree wrapped up by then and have a little wtf time. The beginner program is 10 weeks…not a huge committment