Pro-hormone Facts

After all the Pro-hormone talk here recently, I decided to get down to the cold hard facts. I have done a lot of research on the differences of Pro-hormones and Anabolic/Androgenic Steroids for term papers when i was in college.

Here is the lowdown: The disadvantages of PH is with their molecular structures. They are missing essential carbons and hydrogens in key positions at the molecular level. They are prodeuced to mimic the originators of Testosterone and Nortestosterone(Deca).

The problem lies on how the body interprets it once it enters the blood stream. Unlike Testosterone, PHs are not made in the body from cholesterol or pituitary glands. They are a foreign compound that the body has to decide what it is first, then figure out what to do with it.

Because of its foreign properties, the body decides that it it is a form of Test but shaped in a strange manner. Even though the user will get gains in strength/mass/agressiveness, the body senses the bad properties of the PH and it tends to affect the liver and disrupt the endocrine system dramatically.

Take Methamphetamine for example, it is a foreign substance made up of all sorts of compounds. When entering the bloodstream, the body recognizes it is supposed to produce adrenaline. However, it does not recognize the other harmful shit in it and it causes side effects.

The bottom line is that staying to natural compounds is going to give u better results over the long run than oppossed to foreign substances that hit your body hard and confuse it. Not all PHs are bad, and I know that the real stuff is hard to get a hold of, but be safe and use wisely.

According to this logic “testostorone” is the only “natural” substance that is used as a steriod.

The nanaldrones, (tren and deca) are analogous substances, but are slightly different. Wouldn’t this same arguement be true about the potential effects of “all gear other than test” vs. “testostorone”?

[quote]fatsuperman wrote:
According to this logic “testostorone” is the only “natural” substance that is used as a steriod.

The nanaldrones, (tren and deca) are analogous substances, but are slightly different. Wouldn’t this same arguement be true about the potential effects of “all gear other than test” vs. “testostorone”?

[/quote]

Good response.
Pro-hormones, pro-steroids, whatever ARE steroids.

Exactly dudes! I wanna say all the BS, but the point is juice is juice, but i feel after years of resarch, the safety lies in the safe injectables… So, take the orals, risk the effects… Inject primo, you’re pretty fuckin’ safe

[quote]shamus wrote:
Exactly dudes! I wanna say all the BS, but the point is juice is juice, but i feel after years of resarch, the safety lies in the safe injectables… So, take the orals, risk the effects… Inject primo, you’re pretty fuckin’ safe[/quote]

I totally agree with u shamus…except that primo is rather expensive. I think a basic test/deca cycle is more ideal and better bang for the buck. Primo is a bad son of a bitch though.

Pro-hormones always made me feel great for like a week, maybe two, then my endocrine system would crash hard. I feel that the REAL shit in safe doses produced greater results over the long run. I also think that the Pro-hormone market is more popular with the 21 and younger crowd. They feel that the are getting close to the real shit without the legal issues of getting the good stuff.

I’ll totally agree steroids are safer than prohormones. But I do not look down on people that use prohormones as an alternative to steroids.

I have no access to steroids, nor do I have the nerve to start injecting myself with something. I mean if I was taught the right way to inject I’d consider it if I had the hook up, but I don’t. Which is why I think people take the prohormones because that they are available and easy to take.

I’ve taken 3 cycles of prohormones with no problems whatsoever. 2 I got some decent gains off from and 1 sucked. 1-AD, and Phera-Max were the good ones, I gained 20lbs in a month.

I dont look down on anybody in this game, except those who think they know it all! It’s just a fact, and i’ve seen them all come and go, and just because something’s legal today doesn’t mean it’s safe. And that’s where my problem lies, i feel the juice, and i have NEVER bought fake stuff, i’ve gotten over the years has done nothing except make me stronger. And as far as safety, I do switch to my decas, tests, and primos, pretty much going from one to the other. And i’ll even throw in anadrol or d-bol for about 3 weeks just to get a boost in strength. Do your research, and understand a supplement company will “misguide” the consumer. I know we are all smarter than the average dudes in the gym, just know the ins and outs of what you are ingesting! Keep lifting Guys (and Gals!) And keep an open mind to all there is to know! Hell, you may be the next Dan Duchaine!

just to be clear, what is everyones opinion of MAG-10? its a prohormone, but is touted as superior to most. any opinions from those in the know?

MAG-10 actually was not, by at least one reasonable definition of what prohormone means, a prohormone product.

A prohormone is a compound structurally related to a hormone wherein the body can convert the prohormone to the hormone via, uusually, enzymatic action but also any facile chemical reactions.

This is not, in the field of anabolic/androgenic steroids, taken to include esters of anabolic steroids. True, the body cleaves the ester and yields the related hormone – actually the same hormone just without the ester – but we still call the thing an anabolic steroid. Testosterone propionate doesn’t become a “prohormone,” in AAS usage, because of its ester.

Testosterone propionate is a prodrug of testosterone, but not a “prohormone” at least by this use.

The A1-E component of MAG-10 on deesterification yieldss so-called and misnamed 1-testosterone, an active anabolic steroid itself. Not a precursor. The situation is no different than say a boldenone ester yielding boldenone.

Ditto for the 4-AD-EC, though 4-AD is in the grey area of whether one wants to call it a prohormone or an anabolic steroid since it’s quite active in its own right without conversion. If you take its most useful property – direct action – you’d call it an anabolic steroid and so 4-AD-EC is just an ester of an anabolic steroid.

But if one insists on calling 4-AD a prohormone, then 4-AD-EC was a prohormone too, and from that view MAG-10 had one “prosteroid” and one “prohormone.”

Note, the prosteroid definition, by our definition, meant a prodrug derivative of an active anabolic steroid as viewed from the scientific perspective, not from the legal classification perspective.

[quote]W8 LOGIC wrote:
I have done a lot of research on the differences of Pro-hormones and Anabolic/Androgenic Steroids for term papers when i was in college … Unlike Testosterone, PHs are not made in the body …[/quote]

I guess you didn’t get a passing grade on those term papers.

[quote]fatsuperman wrote:

The nanaldrones, (tren and deca) are analogous substances, but are slightly different. Wouldn’t this same arguement be true about the potential effects of “all gear other than test” vs. “testostorone”?[/quote]

Just for the record, nandrolone occurs naturally in the human body.

Boldenone occurs naturally in some animal species; I’m not sure about humans.

[quote]jwillow wrote:
W8 LOGIC wrote:
I have done a lot of research on the differences of Pro-hormones and Anabolic/Androgenic Steroids for term papers when i was in college … Unlike Testosterone, PHs are not made in the body …

I guess you didn’t get a passing grade on those term papers.[/quote]

What in the fuck are u talking about? I actually got high marks on those papers from Pharmacology professors…who happen to have PHDs. Everything I mentioned is backed by credible sources. Please explain why u are so confused.

[quote]W8 LOGIC wrote:
jwillow wrote:
W8 LOGIC wrote:
I have done a lot of research on the differences of Pro-hormones and Anabolic/Androgenic Steroids for term papers when i was in college … Unlike Testosterone, PHs are not made in the body …

What in the fuck are u talking about? I actually got high marks on those papers from Pharmacology professors…who happen to have PHDs. Everything I mentioned is backed by credible sources. Please explain why u are so confused.[/quote]

You stated that “unlike Testosterone, prohormones are not made in the body.”

4-androstenedione, the best known prohormone (thanks to Mark McGwire), is produced in the human adrenal glands and gonads as an intermediate step in the production of testosterone (as well as estrone and estradiol) from DHEA. I’m sure your pharmacology professors were aware of this fact.

[quote]BiG BeN wrote:
I’ll totally agree steroids are safer than prohormones. But I do not look down on people that use prohormones as an alternative to steroids.
[/quote]

I agree, but whats irritating is PH users that look down on ‘roids’.
Or, people at my gym spending 200$ a month on quazi-legal crapola and talking shit about a guy running test.

Every week we get a post here that starts with
“i wouldnt use roids, but i heard of this new (insertsteroidcatchphrasenamehere) and wuz wondering if i will get swole on it?”

Its usually teens that hear about something in the gym or at school and its BAD education.
Im againts teens on steroids(including PH’s) BUT, I think they risk more damage by taking dbolz or some shit that is from www.legalroidz.com.

[quote]jwillow wrote:
W8 LOGIC wrote:
jwillow wrote:
W8 LOGIC wrote:

What in the fuck are u talking about? I actually got high marks on those papers from Pharmacology professors…who happen to have PHDs. Everything I mentioned is backed by credible sources. Please explain why u are so confused.

You stated that “unlike Testosterone, prohormones are not made in the body.”

4-androstenedione, the best known prohormone (thanks to Mark McGwire), is produced in the human adrenal glands and gonads as an intermediate step in the production of testosterone (as well as estrone and estradiol) from DHEA. I’m sure your pharmacology professors were aware of this fact.[/quote]

Ur right, I misworded my post. I understand that DHEA and 4-andro are made in the body nauturally through GNRH and Lutenizing hormone. I was trying to stress on the missing molecular properties that some of these new Pro-hormones are introducing. The older PHs were a lot more solid than these new ones.