Pro-Hormone Articles

O.K. first off im sorry if there has already been extensive discussions on this topic because i have not searched to much on here for this. Are there any well written articles on pro-hormones that talk about benefits and also side effects.

Moreover i just purchased 1-ad and 4-ad and i was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas on what i should expect during this cycle. I.E. massive gains? very little gains? also i do have pct for after and some on cycle protection and i am aware of many of the side effects but not all. I know these aren’t old school pro-hormones so it cant be that bad… can it?

i made a blog on this about a month ago. i also got a hold of 1-ad, the advice i got was, stay away from the stuff, they are just as toxic to you body as steroids are with worse side effects and results that fall short in comparison to the real thing. i was also told to stay away from it becuase im 18 yrs old and the best thing for me is consistant training and good nutrition.

before you get any real advice on this site, your going to have to tell us what your stats are, and what your goals are.

so for right now id say hold off on the prohormones until you get this all in order

Hey,
First off i took ur advice and posted up some of my stats. And as you can see im also 18 so im sure ill get the same advice, and i probably will stay away from them for a few more years. Out of curiosity did you ever begin your 1-ad cycle? also was it from advanced muscle sciences? I was just wondering about them in reguards to how effective their product is, or is it a knockoff?

Also i have one more question that i need answered. I know this stuff shuts down natural productions… but does a tribulus product like androbolix (which also is an anti-estrogen) help while on the prohormones? What im asking is does androbolix help to negate side effects such as gyno because its also an anti-estrogen while increasing libido?

drj128,
Just follow dylans lead and at this time start researching real steroids for use at a much later date.

i did begin my 1-ad, i was about 4 days into it when i started having second thoughts, so i came here and asked… and unfortunately got flamed lol. mine was by ergopharm, old stuff. as far as effectiveness, throw them out. no way knowing what i know now am i going to take any prohormone, id rather spend a little extra cash and stack some tren and sust XD haha. and as far as the adrobolix, it depends on how strong the anti estro and what estro receptors it attaches itself to. like a nolva is going to just stop estro that causes gyno. arimadex is going to take out all estro completely, but in my opinion anything that you can buy in a gnc like adrobolix isnt going to do a noticable difference for anything, at our age tribulus doesnt do shit. the anti estro is nice but i have only taken some for gyno. (im taking a nolvachlomid for my natural gyno problems).

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
i did begin my 1-ad, i was about 4 days into it when i started having second thoughts, so i came here and asked… and unfortunately got flamed lol. mine was by ergopharm, old stuff. as far as effectiveness, throw them out. no way knowing what i know now am i going to take any prohormone, id rather spend a little extra cash and stack some tren and sust XD haha. and as far as the adrobolix, it depends on how strong the anti estro and what estro receptors it attaches itself to. like a nolva is going to just stop estro that causes gyno. arimadex is going to take out all estro completely, but in my opinion anything that you can buy in a gnc like adrobolix isnt going to do a noticable difference for anything, at our age tribulus doesnt do shit. the anti estro is nice but i have only taken some for gyno. (im taking a nolvachlomid for my natural gyno problems).
[/quote]

Did anyone else find that really really hard to read?

Dylan, with all due respect I’d read around a little more before you start giving advice.

First off, Nolva and Arimidex are two completely different compounds. Nolva is an estrogen agonist, whereas A-Dex is an Aromitase Inhibitor - these act through two completely different mechanisms. Second off, if you buy any product OTC that claims to be “anti-estrogen” it’s going to be an AI. There are NO OTC SERMs (unless you make the argument for Resveratrol acting as a SERM).

Now don’t get it wrong, Prohormones DO work. Just look at the old MAG-10. That being said, the reason most people advice against them is the majority of the users (at least in my own experience) seem to be under the age of 21 or inexperienced lifters looking for the quick fix. However, you are right to say that steroids are far more effective, and in same cases even safer, than their prohormone counterparts.

Dylan what the fuck are you taking about, before you preach to someone make sure you know what your preaching about inside and out

[quote]talbotko wrote:
Dylan what the fuck are you taking about, before you preach to someone make sure you know what your preaching about inside and out

[/quote]

chill out homo, i was going by my personal experience and from what other people on this site have told me, he was talking about gyno and i gave him correct answeres, both nolva and arimadex takes care of gyno, im glad you could be so helpfull… or did you not even read the OP’s post?

if you dont agree with what i posted or know its wrong, why not help the people on this site and give the correct information that you seem to think you have instead of just flaming people that are trying to help, im fucking 18, not god.

chill guys. For a quick and dirty answer it worked fine. Yeah, I know it’s not really precise or accurate, but it’s a lot more details than the OP needs to know right now, and Dylan did start doing at least a little of his own reading (you need more btw).

he was right about the main points–GNC anti-e’s are worthless, and prohormones don’t give you the results of a regular ol’ cycle of test or tren. MAG-10 did work really well, but other than that, I’d say almost none of the others were up to snuff when they were legal.

Besides, he’s got to be like the first newb I’ve ever seen take the flaming AND the advice without trolling or dying. I don’t remember the last dude to actually listen to us…

sorry dylan I got a little mad, it just that the last thing any beginner wants is to be told something that is not completely true, and then have to find out the hard way

JUst keep studying it up, and try to learn from the vets and other’s experiences

Thanks for all the help guys. My last question is really about the company advanced muscle sciences. Are the products they make effective? yes i realize steroids are more effective but will i see good results from pro-hormones with a good diet and workout routine along with them? i wanted to use 1-ad and 4-ad from Advanced muscle sciences. Can some veteran tell me what these compounds tell me and if ill get good results from them? Thanks for tollerating me everyone.

Once again, most prohormones out there are garbage. Not something at all you should even consider for your age. Quit looking for the quick fix and put your time in.

You guys are 18 - just push and pull on heavy stuff and eat a lot of meat and you’ll pack on muscle.

You don’t need steroids or prohormones, you’re wasting your money and putting yourself in danger.

OK now with that said to Dylan and drj128 that they should wait because they are 18, I’m 33 and have lost a little muscle mass and my BF has went up. I last weighed myself on Feb 29…a couple of days ago and weighed at 229. I’m 5-10 and for the last few years my weight has been between 200-228 or so. I have been weigh training since 92. My main supps has been EE creatine, Whey, Fish Oil, Green Tea and a Multi-V.

I must admit that I have used some pro hormone replacements and got outstanding gains but only from the very first time I used them which was spring/summer of 06. I used them again in spring of 07 but not the same gains. So now I’m at the crossroads of maybe getting some stuff from AMS…1AD and 4AD or some GEAR. I read the steriod thread and I have gotten alot of good information and it has totally changed my thinking of steriods…which they are not as bad as what congress and the media puts them out to be. Well my question is is the AMS products any differnet from the PH’s the have Methyl attached to them?

If I get some old MAG-10 can I use that with PCT will that be OK? Or should I just get GEAR which I’m kinda leaning towards? Hit me back with some guidance…thanks in advance for your help.

[quote]HurricaneC5 wrote:
OK now with that said to Dylan and drj128 that they should wait because they are 18, I’m 33 and have lost a little muscle mass and my BF has went up. I last weighed myself on Feb 29…a couple of days ago and weighed at 229. I’m 5-10 and for the last few years my weight has been between 200-228 or so. I have been weigh training since 92. My main supps has been EE creatine, Whey, Fish Oil, Green Tea and a Multi-V. I must admit that I have used some pro hormone replacements and got outstanding gains but only from the very first time I used them which was spring/summer of 06. I used them again in spring of 07 but not the same gains. So now I’m at the crossroads of maybe getting some stuff from AMS…1AD and 4AD or some GEAR. I read the steriod thread and I have gotten alot of good information and it has totally changed my thinking of steriods…which they are not as bad as what congress and the media puts them out to be. Well my question is is the AMS products any differnet from the PH’s the have Methyl attached to them? If I get some old MAG-10 can I use that with PCT will that be OK? Or should I just get GEAR which I’m kinda leaning towards? Hit me back with some guidance…thanks in advance for your help. [/quote]

As a fellow older trainer I would suggest before you keep swallowing those prohormones that are placing undue stress on your liver to check your diet and in particular the level of protein you are consuming with relationship to the fats and carbs.

After 30 the metabolism shifts because we become more sedentary. We may be lifting more weight, and have more muscle mass, but out of the other 22 hours of the day there’s a big chance we aren’t as active as when we were 18. We can’t eat like 18 year olds anymore.

I say that because you don’t mention anything about diet and that is the first thing I would look for if I wasn’t gaining as I want and putting on fat.

[quote]HurricaneC5 wrote:
OK now with that said to Dylan and drj128 that they should wait because they are 18, I’m 33 and have lost a little muscle mass and my BF has went up. I last weighed myself on Feb 29…a couple of days ago and weighed at 229. I’m 5-10 and for the last few years my weight has been between 200-228 or so. I have been weigh training since 92. My main supps has been EE creatine, Whey, Fish Oil, Green Tea and a Multi-V.

I must admit that I have used some pro hormone replacements and got outstanding gains but only from the very first time I used them which was spring/summer of 06. I used them again in spring of 07 but not the same gains. So now I’m at the crossroads of maybe getting some stuff from AMS…1AD and 4AD or some GEAR. I read the steriod thread and I have gotten alot of good information and it has totally changed my thinking of steriods…which they are not as bad as what congress and the media puts them out to be. Well my question is is the AMS products any differnet from the PH’s the have Methyl attached to them?

If I get some old MAG-10 can I use that with PCT will that be OK? Or should I just get GEAR which I’m kinda leaning towards? Hit me back with some guidance…thanks in advance for your help. [/quote]

Just a quick side note, pro-hormones are never as effective as the first time using them.

drj128, listen to what every one on here is saying. Don’t USE PRO-HORMONES. You need to wait until you are older. Or, use them, and face the consequnces. You will probably have very little benefit from them, get shut down, stop lifting, have acne, and, if you are especially not lucky, start growing some purrty little boobs that will make you more self concious than the new kid in class… Make your decision. You are eighteen, you have more sex hormone (testosterone) in your body right now than you ever will; don’t fuck that up because you are lazy, or because you think you can accelerate your gains by popping a few pills a day.

Quote: drj128, listen to what every one on here is saying. Don’t USE PRO-HORMONES. You need to wait until you are older. Or, use them, and face the consequnces. You will probably have very little benefit from them, get shut down, stop lifting, have acne, and, if you are especially not lucky, start growing some purrty little boobs that will make you more self concious than the new kid in class… Make your decision. You are eighteen, you have more sex hormone (testosterone) in your body right now than you ever will; don’t fuck that up because you are lazy, or because you think you can accelerate your gains by popping a few pills a day.

Really I’m 19 and my stock test levels were 374 ng/dl. on a scale the claims 200-800ng/dl is normal I considered myself subpar. I took a superdrol clone cycle for 4 wks working up to 40mg (yes I know, bad) and nothing happened except I got stronger and bigger. I came off using a SERM and a otc herbal test booster, some 60X0 for shits and grins and baaim my next test read 380ng/dl. Liver felt the burn though. No gyno, no acne, no heart attacks, no permanent suppression of my endocrine system, nada. I dont consider myself a pro on this but I did my research and didnt fuck myself up. I had my nolva before anything else. Do your research guys. you gotta know your shit upside down and in French.