Pro Bodybuilding and Steroids

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
More reason to stay natural. [/quote]

I wasn’t going to comment in this thread, but I feel like this comment is a cop-out.

If you personally don’t want to use so you can truthfully say you’ve never used, fine, that’s your choice.

If you want to use, but don’t because of what others think, that’s a huge fucking cop-out and you’re just a bitch who cares too much about what others think.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
More reason to stay natural.

I wasn’t going to comment in this thread, but I feel like this comment is a cop-out.

If you personally don’t want to use so you can truthfully say you’ve never used, fine, that’s your choice.

If you want to use, but don’t because of what others think, that’s a huge fucking cop-out and you’re just a bitch who cares too much about what others think.[/quote]

It’s not ‘the’ reason, It’s just a positive thing that staying natural provides. I’m definately not saying that natural guys are somehow on a higher moral standing than users, I’m just saying that dealing with these comments is alot easier for someone who doesen’t use. The reason people choose to do or not do drugs is purely a personal choice, neither works harder than the other. I have several friends that use that probably get pretty annoyed at these same comments.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
It’s annoying to hear you comment about how you get accused of steroid use because of the way you look. YOU HAVE USED STEROIDS. Your body’s natural T production was shutdown therefore the steroid was active in your body. There is no grey area here, you either have used or haven’t. And when someone asks you if you look the way you do because of steroids the only correct answer is “yes, some of my progress is due to AAS”, not saying that someone should ever feel compelled to tell the truth to people who don’t derserve it. Even if 99% of your gains came before the use of steroids it would still be an insult to a lifetime natural for you to claim that steroids had no influence on your physique. [/quote]

riiight cause people didnt accuse me of using until the day after i popped 20 mgs of havoc, how forgetful of me. those 5 or so magical pounds i gained were the tipping point for any and every steroid accusation i have ever recieved, smh.

i dont know what youre so bitter about. theres no way any rational person can think that in the grand scheme of things an extremely mild PH had THAT BIG of an effect. theres people who’ve gotten the same effects off of creatine, is it fair to say that without creatine theyd be nothing?

if something like that actually insults you, you need to get the fuck over it. cause whats really annoying are the pissants like you who hover around and try and try to take people down a peg. even if i never took so much as a protein shake for the rest of my life no matter what i accomplish im sure you’ll be there to say “that doesnt count cause 10 years ago you took Havoc, so humph”

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
It’s annoying to hear you comment about how you get accused of steroid use because of the way you look. YOU HAVE USED STEROIDS. Your body’s natural T production was shutdown therefore the steroid was active in your body. There is no grey area here, you either have used or haven’t. And when someone asks you if you look the way you do because of steroids the only correct answer is “yes, some of my progress is due to AAS”, not saying that someone should ever feel compelled to tell the truth to people who don’t derserve it. Even if 99% of your gains came before the use of steroids it would still be an insult to a lifetime natural for you to claim that steroids had no influence on your physique.

riiight cause people didnt accuse me of using until the day after i popped 20 mgs of havoc, how forgetful of me. those 5 or so magical pounds i gained were the tipping point for any and every steroid accusation i have ever recieved, smh.

i dont know what youre so bitter about. theres no way any rational person can think that in the grand scheme of things an extremely mild PH had THAT BIG of an effect. theres people who’ve gotten the same effects off of creatine, is it fair to say that without creatine theyd be nothing?

if something like that actually insults you, you need to get the fuck over it. cause whats really annoying are the pissants like you who hover around and try and try to take people down a peg. even if i never took so much as a protein shake for the rest of my life no matter what i accomplish im sure you’ll be there to say “that doesnt count cause 10 years ago you took Havoc, so humph”[/quote]

You missed my point somewhat. I am not trying to belittle your accomplishments at all. I just don’t think you have the right to be annoyed at people who accuse you of taking steroids. You have taken steroids. How much of an effect they’ve had is completely unrelated to my point. My point is that it is annoying that you are quantifying the results of your steroid cycle to use as justification for your response to people who ask if you use steroids.

In your mind the havoc cycle may not have been a big deal, at it probably wasn’t, but to someone who has never used exo hormones it is an insult.

Creatine has nothing to do with this. You only mentioned it because you missed the point. How big of an effect a certain drug had on you is not the issue. If you used creatine but only gained 5 pounds and someone ‘accused’ you of taking creatine you wouldnt have the right to be upset.

The argument of “I used substance X but only gained Y pounds of muscle. But I could have gained Y pounds of muscle by not using substance X, so substance X doesn’t count” is illogical and insulting. That is the argument you made and it makes you sound foolish.

I obviously have no problem with steroids lol. I just don’t want to hear people saying that they get pissed or annoyed when questioned about it when that person has, in fact, used steroids before. I am not trying to take you down a peg. I am not saying that your claimed lifts are illegitimate because of drug use, I am only saying that you can not discount the effect of drugs if you want to be taken seriously.

We probably won’t agree on this because you are stating your opinion regarding how much of an effect drugs have on the body. I am saying that the degree of the effects is irrelevant to the fact that there is an effect.

I personally had gamma radiation…

that way I could look normal in a tshirt and avoid the steroids comments…

but get me in a posing suit…

and…

trust me…

you wouldn’t like me in a posing suit.

LOL

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I personally had gamma radiation…

that way I could look normal in a tshirt and avoid the steroids comments…

but get me in a posing suit…

and…

trust me…

you wouldn’t like me in a posing suit.

LOL[/quote]

LMAO

S

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
It’s annoying to hear you comment about how you get accused of steroid use because of the way you look. YOU HAVE USED STEROIDS. Your body’s natural T production was shutdown therefore the steroid was active in your body. There is no grey area here, you either have used or haven’t. And when someone asks you if you look the way you do because of steroids the only correct answer is “yes, some of my progress is due to AAS”, not saying that someone should ever feel compelled to tell the truth to people who don’t derserve it. Even if 99% of your gains came before the use of steroids it would still be an insult to a lifetime natural for you to claim that steroids had no influence on your physique.

if something like that actually insults you, you need to get the fuck over it. cause whats really annoying are the pissants like you who hover around and try and try to take people down a peg. even if i never took so much as a protein shake for the rest of my life no matter what i accomplish im sure you’ll be there to say “that doesnt count cause 10 years ago you took Havoc, so humph”

You missed my point somewhat. I am not trying to belittle your accomplishments at all. I just don’t think you have the right to be annoyed at people who accuse you of taking steroids. You have taken steroids. How much of an effect they’ve had is completely unrelated to my point. My point is that it is annoying that you are quantifying the results of your steroid cycle to use as justification for your response to people who ask if you use steroids.

In your mind the havoc cycle may not have been a big deal, at it probably wasn’t, but to someone who has never used exo hormones it is an insult.

Creatine has nothing to do with this. You only mentioned it because you missed the point. How big of an effect a certain drug had on you is not the issue. If you used creatine but only gained 5 pounds and someone ‘accused’ you of taking creatine you wouldnt have the right to be upset.

The argument of “I used substance X but only gained Y pounds of muscle. But I could have gained Y pounds of muscle by not using substance X, so substance X doesn’t count” is illogical and insulting. That is the argument you made and it makes you sound foolish.

I obviously have no problem with steroids lol. I just don’t want to hear people saying that they get pissed or annoyed when questioned about it when that person has, in fact, used steroids before. I am not trying to take you down a peg. I am not saying that your claimed lifts are illegitimate because of drug use, I am only saying that you can not discount the effect of drugs if you want to be taken seriously.

We probably won’t agree on this because you are stating your opinion regarding how much of an effect drugs have on the body. I am saying that the degree of the effects is irrelevant to the fact that there is an effect. [/quote]

youre also missing the point that people didnt start accusing me of taking them only after i took Havoc.

and in the long scheme of things taking Havoc is very insignificant, it has no impact on the total of my lifetime spent weightlifting and my achievements there of. if i stopped working out completely for a year and lost everything, would Havoc still have contributed to my physique? you seem to think it does but i feel that the only thing that matters is how you look and what got you there so if i took something that made me gain 20 pounds and i only gained 25 pounds total then whatever that was is indeed very significant.

i used to train with nothing but pushup variations when i had no weights at home or no money for a gym, so if someone came up to me and was like wow man, lay off the pushups id say cool, but i dont do pushups. i used to do pushups, they gave me a little bit, but not a lot just like i did 1 cycle of Havoc and it gave me a little bit, but not a lot and im being honest when i say im not using because - im not.

and just like my point from the other thread, its annoying when youre off a drug, do work and someone still says its only cause of drugs, fuck off i was off 2 weeks i beat my old numbers drug free then i beat them again drug free. if you dont like it blame yourself or god.

Im delighted if some1 asks whether i take steroids. If they think i take gear to look the way i do when i dont, im pretty happy.

i think it depends who is saying it, some people would say it to me as a compliment like, wow, those roids are working, but im not big enough for anyone to seriously think i take them haha… also, take a look at this

i dont think it is legit, but maybe?

[quote]ghostofbellstar wrote:
i think it depends who is saying it, some people would say it to me as a compliment like, wow, those roids are working, but im not big enough for anyone to seriously think i take them haha… also, take a look at this

i dont think it is legit, but maybe?[/quote]

im a on a heavy cycle of (blank) myself right now.

LOL, yeeh probly some guy just made it up cuz he was jealous of the pros

It IS plausible. If you look at drug abuse in other sports then you can understand that the competition, the pressure on athletes to perform can lead to some really bizarre choices on the part of the sportsmen and their trainers. And these are tested and controlled athletes.
With the “no holds barred” policy of pro bodybuilding, desperation is likely to lead some to take extreme measures to get to the top.