Pro Bodybuilders and Facial Hair

[quote]BHCS18 wrote:
Bodybuilders are weak sissies that have the testosterone levels of a 12 year old girl and can’t grow anything more than a little scruff.

Seems pretty obvious…[/quote]

you’re joking right?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
BHCS18 wrote:
Bodybuilders are weak sissies that have the testosterone levels of a 12 year old girl and can’t grow anything more than a little scruff.

Seems pretty obvious…

you’re joking right?[/quote]

I’m afraid he’s quite serious. Due to bodybuilder’s prolonged use of steroids, their bodies’ ability to produce testosterone is severely limited, which leads to limited amounts of facial hair. It’s rather sad.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
I think its most likely the same reason that most pros keep fairly short hair cuts, its an attempt to look clean cut.

Also, they are trying to specifically show off their physique, so thats where they want all the attention.

Everything above the neck should just try to compliment whats below.

–JB[/quote]

I think this it. They want the judges looking at their physiques not at their heads/faces.

Probably since most men can’t grow an awesome beard, and if they do most don’t look good with one. Anyways in America even if you have a good looking beard most do not like how it looks and you get negative stigma for having one.

[quote]drummerofgod89 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
BHCS18 wrote:

Seems pretty obvious…

you’re joking right?

I’m afraid he’s quite serious. Due to bodybuilder’s prolonged use of steroids, their bodies’ ability to produce testosterone is severely limited, which leads to limited amounts of facial hair. It’s rather sad.[/quote]

No, are YOU serious? The average pro bodybuilder has more testosterone running through them than the average TEAM of high school football players, so how does what you just wrote make ANY sense?

You do realize that testosterone does not change its effects depending on where it comes from, right?

Or did you know this?

I mean, you had to in order to write what you did…as a joke…right?

Further, how many old men lose the ability to grow beards even though most are probably experiencing a decrease in testosterone levels?

What is sad is that you were apparently unaware that MOST men experience a decrease in testosterone levels after the age of 35…which according to you is “rather sad”. They should all be having trouble growing beards?

Current trends and styles have nothing to do with facial hair?

I think it has more to do with being active and having facial hair. You wont see too many athletes running around with facial hair either. It gets hot and feels dirty when you train.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
No, are YOU serious? The average pro bodybuilder has more testosterone running through them than the average TEAM of high school football players, so how does what you just wrote make ANY sense?

You do realize that testosterone does not change its effects depending on where it comes from, right?[/quote]

I can only assume you’re including exogenous testosterone in that statement.

Yes, my initial statement was a joke. We’re on a bodybuilding forum afterall and I wouldn’t liken myself to a 12 year old girl. Ever.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Current trends and styles have nothing to do with facial hair?[/quote]

Thank god bald as a style is more cool than it was when I was growing up… Cuz I’m bald now…

Ive been thinking about growing a beard, mostly because Im too lazy to shave. My facial hair looks kind of like pubes though, so I dont know. Maybe if it doesnt I will.
Edit: its mostly just my sideburns that look like pubes if I let them grow too much, not sure about beardfur because I havent let it grow enough.

[quote]BHCS18 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

You do realize that testosterone does not change its effects depending on where it comes from, right?

Yes, my initial statement was a joke. We’re on a bodybuilding forum afterall and I wouldn’t liken myself to a 12 year old girl. Ever. [/quote]

thanks for the clarification. these days apparently some members would not be joking with such a statement as you made

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
BHCS18 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Yes, my initial statement was a joke. We’re on a bodybuilding forum afterall and I wouldn’t liken myself to a 12 year old girl. Ever.

thanks for the clarification. these days apparently some members would not be joking with such a statement as you made
[/quote]

I looked at his avatar and assumed he was serious, just shook my head.

soI have to shave for swimming at big meets, and i must say there seems to be more deffinition or justlooks more cut, mayb its cuz of lack of hair covering my muscles or watever.

Also I heard, rumour, not sure if its true but that some bodybuilders or lifter, athletes in general shave their head, because the whole medical history of drugs (anything from cocaine, marijuana, to steriods) can be tracked by the strands of hair…

[quote]back211 wrote:
soI have to shave for swimming at big meets, and i must say there seems to be more deffinition or justlooks more cut, mayb its cuz of lack of hair covering my muscles or watever.

Also I heard, rumour, not sure if its true but that some bodybuilders or lifter, athletes in general shave their head, because the whole medical history of drugs (anything from cocaine, marijuana, to steriods) can be tracked by the strands of hair…
[/quote]

lol how many athlets are completly hairless? I’m pretty sure they all have eyebrows.

…damn

[quote]shizen wrote:
back211 wrote:

lol how many athlets are completly hairless? I’m pretty sure they all have eyebrows. [/quote]

If your pool has ridiculously high levels of chlorine you won’t. :frowning: