click HQ for a little better quality…
here is a little training mixtape of the minor league pro baseball players i trained this off-season… we didn’t take tons of footage, but this is a glimpse of what they did…
stuff left out;
- depth jumps
- rfi drills
- conditioning sprints/shuttle runs
- more unilateral leg work ; bss, walking lunges
- more p-chain work ; glute bridges, ghr’s
- lots more grip work
- lots more core work
anyway, a few results, everyone gained speed, not listing though, because sparq lasers kind of unreliable…
basically training lasted from mid november to early february, or december to late february:
- gained 5 lb.
- broad jump from 103" to 112"
- vert - couldnt hit vertec on 10’, ended with 122.5" touch
- came in testing 3.8x in the 30, hit a few high 3.6x, but consistently 3.7x
- has some of the best feet ive ever seen, DOESNT QUIT ON CORE
- gained 12 lb. (195-207 - highest of 209)
- broad jump from 110 to 119
- gained 1" on vert
- hit a 3.83 5-10-5 in camp
- came in low 3.7x in the 30, best of 3.63, consistently 3.6x’s, 3.7x’s on bad days (hehe!)
- set a few MSC records: fastest 10 yard (1.50s), fastest 30 yard (3.63s), best broad jump over hurdle (73"), most unexpected things ever said (but very rarely)
- tied a record: 2 35’s pinched grip
- he hits bombs, someone give this guy mlb playing time for god sakes… oh ya he’s an insane athlete, moves like he weighs 200, but he weighs 285… didnt really pre/post test…
- gained 19 lb. (197 to 216 - all diesel)
- gained 3" on vert
- broad jump from 102 to 108
- came in high 3.9x in the 30, hit high 3.8x a few times… actually hit a 4.3x midway through training (LOL), but then he hit his 3.8x
- set a few MSC records: 3" thickbar DL (forget the weight), best grip @ MSC by far, most number of mooning the camcorder, first guy to ever sprint with his… nevermind , totally owning 2 35’s pinched grip
- gained 9 lb. (but it fluctuated alot… lost a few pounds when he farted)
- went from 33" vert on jump mat to 37" (didnt like reaching on vertec, gained 2" on there before he stopped reaching hard)
- broad jump from 110" to 123"
- came in at 3.8x 30’s, hit a bunch of high 3.6x 30’s, consistently low 3.7x’s
- set a bunch of MSC records: 9 feet MR hurdle leap, highest jump mat, highest vert on vertec, furthest broad jump, CoC #2 gripper, fastest 300 yard shuttle (6 turn - 54s), coolest squat faces ever
- ties a record: 2 35’s pinched grip
no injuries during training.
most dedicated/hard working athletes ive trained… hardly missed any training… really pushed themselves…
2009 gonna be great,
go get it.