Pro Athlete You'd Love To Train With

Terry Crews. (Expro) probably because he looks all natural. And always seems to be cut with no up and down cycling. His look is an achievable goal. And this is my first post here.

2 Likes

First, I want to spar Amanda Nunes and Cris Cyborg with 4 oz gloves (for like 2 minutes each LOL), because I want to know which one hits harder.

BJJ:
Marcus Buchecha Almeida
Roberto Abreu
Marcelo Garcia
Eddie Bravo
Joe Rogan (I realize heā€™s not a pro, I think it would be fun though)

Lifting:
Arnold and Franco in their Pumping Iron days
Wendler
Paul Carter

I know the last two arenā€™t pro athletes. Not many people Iā€™d want to lift with are.

Football:
I want to go back in time to when I had two good hips and hit the following people in an ISO drill:
James Harrison - I imagine this would be The Worst Thing Everā„¢, but I want to know what itā€™s like.
Ray Lewis - see above
Jerome Bettis - see above
Terrell Suggs - see above
Tom Brady - because fuck that guy

2 Likes

Bo Jackson
Wilt Chamberlain
The Ultimate Warrior

Nastia Liukin
Micheal Phelps
Zhou Lulu
Sarah sigmundsdottir

Iā€™m no longer a swimmer or gymnast, and Iā€™ve never really waded into Olympic lifting territory, and Iā€™m not much a cross fitter, but Iā€™d still like to train with them. Liukin was one of my absolute favorites to drool over back when I competed.

1 Like

Chuck Vogelpohl, Greg Panora, Ed Coan

Johnny McEnroe.

1 - Roger Federer
2 - Michael Jordan
3 - Chuck Liddell

All guys with amazing work ethic and kept up their profession, even as they aged (traits I very much rate highly).

Learn grace and finesse from Roger.

Learn from the energy and never die attitude of Michael.

Learn how to be a badass from Chuck.

1 Like

Just watched some Scottie Pippen footage and Iā€™d like to train with Scottie Pippen.

The manā€™s hands hang below his knees and he had great explosiveness.

This is exactly the kind of guy who rips out a 500+ deadlift the first time he touches a bar and Iā€™d like to see it.

EDIT: if one of you pricks finds footage of him struggling with with 315 Iā€™ll kick you in the dick.

I dunno man; with a power score of 3, I just donā€™t see it happening.

3 Likes

With a Power of 3 and a Dunk of 9 I suspect the creators of the game code didnā€™t have a full grasp on the game of basketball.

1 Like

Donā€™t you ever let me hear you talk shit about NBA Jam ever again

4 Likes

ā€œFrom Downtown!ā€ ā€œHeā€™s on fire!ā€ ā€œBoom shaka lakaā€ ā€œRazzle dazzleā€ - Loved playing that game on my Sega Genesis as a kid.

2 Likes
  1. Eddie Hall
  2. Brandon Lilly
  3. Mark Bell
  4. Whoever invented the shakeweight

That Japanese kid that can eat like 15000 Big Macs in 10 minutes

Pudzianowski!!!

One of my most profound moments of childhood disappointment was firing up NBA Jam on my SNES and realizing that, unlike the arcade version, the Bulls players were Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant.

Luckily my high scores with Michael Jordan were immortalized at our local mini-golf/arcade under the false initials ASS.

3 Likes

For me,

James Harrison (yikes Iā€™m basic)
Usain Bolt
Jonah Lomu

Karl Malone (see avi)

Train with them for their sport? Or just get a lift in with them for a session?

For their Sport:
Larry Bird
Michael Jordan
Roger Clemens/Mariano Rivera

For a Lift:
Michael Jordan
Adrian Peterson
Aaron Donald

1 Like

Good point. I would sports train with Jordan and LeBron James.

I would play one-on-one as part of the training. I would just take 3 points shots and hope I hit one.

I would then count the game from the time I hit my three pointer to the time the other guys scored.

Iā€™d then tell people I played one-on-one with both guys and beat both of them. Then Iā€™d work out who they thought the better player was and Iā€™d say the other was definitely the better basketballer.

1 Like