T Nation

Private Calls

Today (Valentines Day), I got a very suspicious private call that I missed by a fraction of a second. I never answer those, but I’m very sure it was from the X… We had a very sour breakup, and apprently neither of us is over the situation, but her mom has her in check.

Is there any way that I could track a private number?

Btw Cingular is my provider.

Did you get a number or did it just say “private call”? Chances are if you HAD answered it, the number would show up later on your bill, but that’s not the case so screw that idea. If you did get the number you could do a reverse look up.

Ex acting a little “squirrelly” Mr.I?

Mufasa

What does “her mom has her in check” mean exactly??? Was she some kind of psycho, stalker chick that keyed your car???

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Did you get a number or did it just say “private call”? Chances are if you HAD answered it, the number would show up later on your bill, but that’s not the case so screw that idea. If you did get the number you could do a reverse look up.

[/quote]

Nice, how could I do a reverse look up? I’m technologically impared man.

Haha her mom is a tough lady,and shes very very close to her. What I mean by “having her in check” is basically brainwashing her into staying away from me… and that hasn’t been working out.

Thanks.

Quite often you can just type the number into Google and get the info you want.

[quote]Mr.International wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Haha her mom is a tough lady,and shes very very close to her. What I mean by “having her in check” is basically brainwashing her into staying away from me… and that hasn’t been working out.

Thanks.[/quote]

you can tell the police you are being harrassed and then they will get the number

bingo!

I once had my cell phone stolen. I called the phone compnay and they said the cops can get phone numbers

I’m wondering what’s the point? What does it matter if she did call or if it was just a wrong number? I mean, if you’re getting 10 of these calls per day, then I would look into it and do something about it.

[quote]WTF? wrote:
Quite often you can just type the number into Google and get the info you want.

Mr.International wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Thanks.

[/quote]

Go to www.anywho.com, click on reverse look up. Not sure if it does cell numbers yet. I’m a pro stalker.

on your cingular bill you should be able to see all incoming call numbers, regardless of how they display on your phone.

tracking it could be as easy as using anywho.com’s reverse lookup, or you may have to a pay site that can track down cell phone numbers and/or unlisted numbers, since most are not listed in directories.

Try this:

http://www.public-records-now.com/processor.asp?piid=46

[quote]Magister Ludi wrote:
Try this:

http://www.public-records-now.com/processor.asp?piid=46
[/quote]

Jesus Christ! That thing had my name, address, every city I’ve ever lived in, my parents, and my wife all just by searching with my phone number. That shite is scary!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

Go to www.anywho.com, click on reverse look up. Not sure if it does cell numbers yet. I’m a pro stalker.

[/quote]

Is that something to be bragging about?

Thanks a lot folks for the help and suggestions… The website is amazing, kinda freaky, but interesting none the less.

[quote]dre wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Is that something to be bragging about?[/quote]

Yeah…I was kidding.

OK…I know this thread is a little old, but I still need help.

I’ve been getting the “private calls” from my boyfriends X–at least that’s who I think it is.

I’ve answered them every time she calls, and the only number that shows up on my cingular bill is MY number. Cingular says that the “tower gets no information” so it has to put some number there.

Any one know how I can get the number? I think I should get an attorney…

Suggestions…?